I wrote the post really quickly yesterday so I thought I would update to tell you a little more! :)
Wow! Our family has gone through a lot the past few months! We have made some hard decisions but hopefully some decisions that are best for our family. Jason resigned from his coaching job at ACU (he's still working there until March) and has been offered another job that has nothing to do with coaching. The job he has been offered would require us to move to Midland eventually. It is a great opportunity that would allow Jason to take over a business that has been around for 70 years in a few years. More details on that later... it's a lot to explain. ;) He has also interviewed with a pharmaceutical sales company and has been called back for a second interview. If Jason gets that job, we would be able to stay here. :)
Jason loves coaching and is VERY passionate about making a difference in the lives of young people. I think this is going to be hard for him. It already has been EXTREMELY hard! I'm not 100% sure he is ready. I'm sure if the right coaching opportunity came along, we as a family would consider it, but there are so many things that would have to fall into place. He has been offered a coaching job, but like I said, it just has to almost be perfect and my situation and our girls situation is a HUGE part of that equation, so right now we feel the other opportunities are better for our family. I guess we are waiting to see what plans GOD has for us.
Honestly, this has been a decision (to stay in coaching or not) that we've talked about for a few years (any of our good friends and family can tell you that) and something that we started seriously considering when this first opportunity came into the picture in November. Coaching in Division II is tough.
I don't remember a Sunday night he got home before 1-2 a.m. during the season. He works 7 days a week, gets home at 7:00 and is right back at it after the girls go to bed at 8/8:30 until midnight or later. After the season is over, recruiting starts and never ends. He only got to see one of Morgan's soccer games this fall. It just came down to... is it really worth it? The toll it takes on Jason's health and our family emotionally, physically, spiritually, has just been really hard. Not that we haven't handled it well too... we have! Our family has flourished, grown, stuck together, loved each other. Morgan is the biggest ACU fan there is! She LOVES Mitchell Gale (our QB) with all her heart! She asked for a Mitchell Gale jersey for Christmas for goodness sakes! We have and we are strong enough for Jason to continue coaching if he wants and will support whatever he wants to do, but sometimes when something better for your family comes along, it just seems too good to pass up. Our question is what is GOD's plan for our family? That is where I struggle with the decision, b/c I see Jason in action! I know he makes a difference! I've read the letters, texts, e-mails, facebook messages from players, parents, other coaches etc. I also know his heart. I've always thought GOD's plan for him was coaching and making a difference in kids lives, so now because of some of the things that have happened I question that and he does too.
If you think of it, please say a pray for us and especially for Jason.
Now some pictures to lighten up this post.... the girls headed to basketball practice!

Headed to church on Sunday... I got to teach in Kennedy's class... what a sweet group of kiddos!
And off to school this morning... our pictures are always right in front of my open closet! That's always where we are in the morning when I think to take a pictures! :)
The girls playing with their new surfing outfit and surf board for their American girl dolls.











16 comments:
Change is always good, right!!!! Hoping everything works out for you guys!!! I'll keep u guys in my prayers!! And seriously, can the girls get any cuter!!!
Change...always a bit scary, but in the end....always works out! Best wishes! And ohhhh, your sweet girlies even look adorbs when they go to BB! We are playing AGirl here every day too! Now my girls want the surfing stuff...just watched Soul Surfer! :)
Because You seek the Lord as a family - He will direct your path, I know the right decision will be made. Sounds like new and exciting changes . . .
I'll be praying for you guys! Change is hard, but jumping into wholeheartedly and knowing that you are following God's plan makes it so worth it.
Praying for you and your sweet family in the days ahead. Sounds like big things are coming. Once a Coach, always a Coach...it is in their hearts and always will be. I am sure this will allow him more time to coach those cute girls. Praying God's will be done in your hubs next steps in life.
Well I know Jason will miss the coaching part and I worry about that but I am sure the extra time he has with his girls will make up for it. I hope "the best" will come for you all wherever you are lead. If you are like me, I never like change and I may not like this change but guess we do what we have to do. Thinking of you all during this time and know that I love you all very much. ;(.
Those little girls of mine are just precious and I couldn't love them more. Looking forward to our weekend together.
Change can be a good thing....I will pray for your sweet family. We have to do what's best for our family and if changing a career is it, then so be it......hugs to you!!!!!!!!!!
Decisions like that are tough. I pray that God will lead you in the right direction for you, your girls, and Jason. Hang in there. :-)
I'll be praying that everything works out perfectly for you guys. I honestly never knew how you did it with him being gone so much. You're a tough chick! :-) Hopefully this next chapter will be much better for you both. Take care!
Praying for u guys. As a coach's son, I know EXACTLY what ur family sacrifices. It was easier for me b/c I was very athletic and at my Dad's side from 5th grade through high school, but for my sister, not so athletic obviously not able to hang around the locker room, she didn't get the time she deserved. I know it is tough to put in those hours for the limited financial return. I know it is tough to spend all that emotional energy on the players, who so need/deserve it, and then be empty when the coach comes home. I know.
I also know about SERIOUS life transition, and venturing into completely knew things. It has not been easy for us, but we just continue to lean on the Lord. Let us know if we can help in any way. Praying.
Just keep praying! God will answer. I went through a lot of these same issues in the last couple of years. I feel like I'm in such a better place now and God got me threw it all and showed me he was the one guiding me through it all. I wish you the best and no matter what I know you guys will get if figured out and be very happy!
Praying for y'all, Whitney. Our sermon this past Sunday was based on the scripture Psalm 46:10. "Be still, and know that I am God." It is so hard for me to be still/silent, in regards to all areas of my life. I have to know the answer immediately, I have to do everything immediately. In reading your blog, it's obvious you are a go-getter, so I know how difficult this probably is for you. Just trust in the Lord, and try to be still!
I can understand the bittersweetness of leaving his job. I have that same feeling right now, handing it over to someone else when you have worked so hard for the past several years. But usually God puts signs in front of you when it is time for change and it sounds like that is what he has done. Praying. And hope you like the new blog, sorry it took me so long.
Oh how change is so scary but God always takes great care of us. Ill definately pray for you and your adorable family!
Hi Whitney! I've been keeping up with your blog through reader, so I was surprised to see your new blog design. I love it!
Yes, I did decide to go private with my blog, at least for a while.
I'll be thinking about you and Jason and the girls. I must say that I am surprised by the news, but who am I to stand in the way of what God has planned with your family? I think it's awesome that he has already provided another path for you.
God Bless!
Hey! I have been a MIA blogger lately but Im back and its so good to read through your blog!I hope that God can guide you and your husband to make the right decision for your family :) My new URL is
http://www.forthischild-ashley.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment