Sunday, November 28, 2010

ACU vs. UCM

We played the University of Central MO yesterday in the 2nd round of the playoffs and lost 55-41!  :(  Jason is depressed today!  Their receivers and tide end along with their QB were too much for our secondary!   That's just my coach's wife opinion! :)  We were down 28-6 (I think) in the 2nd quarter and came back to within 1 point but just couldn't pull it out!  We fought so hard and I really thought we were going to do it, but.... :(.

It's always sad when you end the year!  I will miss these Seniors!  Some have been here with us all 5 years we've been here!  GOD has big plans for them and my prayer is that they will use what they've learned from ACU football to influence others.  I pray their own marriages, children, families, and therefore generations to come will benefit from what the coaches have instilled in them... REAL MANHOOD- accepting responsibility, leading courageously, and expecting GOD'S greater reward, basing the quality of their life not on material things but on the relationships in their lives that mean the most to them!

And a few pictures of the  kids at the game!
Kennedy and Cooper lovin' each other!





 Kennedy finally gave up and crashed in Gran Jan's arms! 

 Morgan playing with friends of course!

 And a few pictures before church this morning!


6 comments:

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

In no way can I know how the coaches and players are feeling today. But playing a game is only a small part of what this program is about. I know that the players could not have been lead by a more decent bunch of men as coaches and when hearts are given to God doors will always continue to be opened. You are so right Whitney these boys will go out into the world more prepared to be good and responsible people. Nothing is more important

My chin has been a little down today as well but this has been an outstanding season for the 'Cats and we will move forward.

Altius, Citius, Fortius!!!

Jill said...

I'm sorry they didn't win, but they should be so proud of how far they came. It's quite an accomplishment. Your pics are really cute! Looks like you've got your house all decked out for Christmas. It looks beautiful!

Mommy said...

Love your outfits!!! :) Let me know when you are ready to sale any...LOL :)

The Wiemers said...

Thanks for letting us stay with yall. I know Cooper had a great time with his cousins! We also enjoyed the game and im sure you and the girls are glad to have Jason home!

Kim said...

I was so sad they lost, I bet Jason is really down...I hate that part of the winning/losing aspect. Anyhow, hope yall enjoy some good family time over the holidays though. Super cute pictures of you and the girls. And hey, we need a close up of your tree! I always love it!

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

Awww...I was rooting for y'all here in Florida! Hate that you did not win that game! I love your outlook though-that your men are not losers! In fact, they are better equipped to be MEN OF GOD!!!!