So, we have made it to Wednesday and so far so good! I get up at 6:00 and am ready by 6:45, Morgan gets up a little before 7:00, gets dressed, I fix her hair, then she eats breakfast. A little after 7:00 Jason gets Kennedy dressed, face washed and teeth brushed and then I fix her hair. She eats at school... usually pancakes, cereal, or sausage and biscuits are on the menu. We usually give her a banana and milk to eat while getting ready so she has some fruit. We leave the house at 7:30 and I've actually been early to work the last 2 days! Let me tell ya folks, that's a miracle! :)
The girls before going to school yesterday...
Jason takes Kennedy to school! She likes to be "big" like Morgan and carry her backpack.
I think Morgan's favorite time of the day is running around the Jr. High after school! She has made friends with of our coaches little boy who is also in Kindergarten. He stays at school with his Mom who has practice after school so they think they own the school! Ha! My Principal and 2 teachers have told me Morgan has a "fun or cute personality." I don't know what in the world she was telling them or doing! There's no telling! :)
Morgan with her gingerbread man (above her head)!
Morgan with her awesome teacher! I finally remembered to get a picture this morning!
I actually threw dinner in the crock pot this morning too... the easiest recipe that I thought I would share...
Roast
diced tomatoes
corn
black beans
taco seasoning
Put all ingredients in crockpot and cook 4 hours. I cooked on low all day. We put the roast in tortillas and made burritos! Soooo good!







9 comments:
Whitney from the bottom of my heart you will never know how much I enjoy and look forward to your blog postings.....seeing pictures of you all for the first day of school and then getting your middle of the week update has been so fun and the next best thing to being there in person. I'm so glad to see the pics of the girls' teachers as well.
If only during the day I could be a fly on the wall in either of the girl's classes...my heart just smiles!!!
I am so glad this week is off to such a great start for your family and I know it will continue to do so. Learning is such a family affair and these grandgirls are blessed to come from such a loving and spirited home. You and Jason are doing a marvelous job as parents and role models.
Love You With All My Heart!!!
Sounds like you all are doing good at getting off, better than me. Ha! Glad the first half of the week has gone so well and hope the second half continues that way. The girls look happy and that is good!
Can I tell you that my overwhelming thought through this post was, "I'm SO jealous they have bananas!" They're scarce here right now!!
You get more organized when you work. Sounds like all is well. I really enjoy your posts also. Do you use a can of black beans?
I am so happy to hear that things are going good!! Both girls look adorable and you are my hero for getting up that early and being ready! Emma's favorite part would be running around the school too!!
Glad all is going so well! Can't wait to see all yall this weekend!
Sounds like you are off to a great start! Isn't it WONDERFUL to be on top of things?
Glad to hear that M is enjoying school! Jon's mom has always been a media specialist; therefore, Jon and his sister grew up at and around school...a great experience...they knew everyone and felt so comforatable!
P.S. I love crock pot meals! I am going to try yours sometime. Here's another super easy one...chicken breasts, cut up onions, onion soup mix...high all day! TENDER! ...and you can add anything else to it!
I love all of Morgans SHOES! lol! Kenna Mae and I are both BIG shoe girls and her school MAKES them wear tennis shoes on PE days which is THREEEEEE days a week!! It's making me crazy! Talk about messing up an outfit! lol! Glad you guys are having a good week!
Hi Whitney, the girls are adorable! I have been absent this summer but just wanted to hop over here and say hello. The girls are as cute as ever, so glad they are liking school. We have another year before Ayla starts preschool, I am so dreading those early hours...lol. Have a great week!
Post a Comment