Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mini vacations before football begins!

While the girls were in CO, Jason and I were fortunate to attend the FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) marriage retreat.  FCA is an amazing organization!  John Randalls, who is a speaker for many Division 1 football programs was our speaker.  He has spoke to our team as well, at the retreat our coaches take the team on during two a days.  The thing that stood out to me was that the said coaches have more influence on young people than anyone else in the world!  I know that is so true!  A kid from Wichita Falls HS that Jason hasn't seen or talked to in 6 years, called him last week asking for career advice (he's a recent college graduate) b/c he doesn't really have a father figure to get advice from.   Our head coach and his wife were the hosts for the weekend and gave a wonderful testimonial of their faith! 

The retreat was at Horseshoe Bay.  If you haven't ever been, GO!  It's beautiful!
We spent our afternoon at the famous Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls!  Yum!  We heard that Mike Leach had been there to pick up his grand kids before we got there.
They have pie happy hour!!!!
Look at those pies!!
Amanda had a chocolate pie!
Clayton had a pecan!
Jason had peanut butter fudge!
My coconut cream pie!
The line to get in!
We had so much fun and were very blessed by the couples in our small group, the fellowship, food, and the FCA organization!

This weekend we went to Lake Kiowa, a private lake near Gainsville, TX!  We were fortunate to stay in this beautiful home! 
We had a blast swimming, riding jet skis, inter tubing, cooking hot dogs and hamburgers, watching Disney on the big screen, fishing, and enjoying being together!  As you can see, Morgan's friend, Reagan went with us!  My girls slept until 10:30 (Morgan) and 11:30 (Kennedy) this morning.  They were tired!
Kennedy would lick the cream off the oreos...
And throw the cookie part in the water!
Up, ate taquitos for breakfast, and ready to ride the jet skis!  Bed hair and all! :)
And here's my Christmas cards! Thanks Ashley!

10 comments:

ajphillips said...

Looks fun! Do you like your Lime Ricki swim suit? I like mine, just wish my top was a size bigger...it's a little tight in the chest.

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

How fun! I love going to the lake!! I miss having a lake house, maybe one day...ha! I can dream right, ha!

mondie said...

We have stayed at that place in Marble Falls and tasted the pies too. It is nice, but that last home is beautiful. the lake is lots of fun. Your suit is cute.

The Wiemers said...

Love your swimsuti and looks like a blast! Cute cards too! I haven't even thought about Christmas yes!

Glenna said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I could spend a week there for sure. Love the Xmas cards.

Katie said...

Glad y'all are getting some fun in before the craziness of football sets in! We are going to get one last weekend getaway in this weekend :)

Sunday said...

I'm hoping we get in mini-vacation mood soon, before school starts. We usually cram in a lot of places the last few weeks.

I have always wanted to stop at that cafe in Marble Falls. I must now, b/c of your post on the pies!

The lake home was gorgeous! I have never heard of that lake before.

Your Xmas cards are absolutely adorable!

Sandi said...

I live in burnet. It is right down the road from Horseshoe Bay. Isn't it wonderful? Your house looks awesome!

Jill said...

That looks like so much fun and that house you stayed in looks awesome! Your Christmas cards are adorable! I have decided that I need your energy. You've got your whole house decorated, your landscape and yard finished, you've taken vacations and your Christmas cards are done...all before August! Incredible!

Leah said...

I LOVE all the pics but that swim suit is ADORABLE. :) And your Christmas cards are fantastic.