Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 2 The Wedding

First, my sister just had her blog printed and said it was easiest if you write first and then post pictures so that's what I'll do from now on!  Last night was Jocelyn's wedding!  It was so much fun!  The wedding was at a chapel at Rice University where Jocelyn and her husband Gene are graduate students.  The reception was at the Cohen house there as well. The girls were flower girls.  Kennedy's hair was curled just like Morgan's but as soon as we made the 10 minute walk to the chapel in the Houston humidity it was straight so I just had to curl it under. We had a delicious meal and a band and it was a ton of fun!  Morgan danced the night away!  That girl's got some moves! Seriously!  You should have seen her dancing to "All the Single Ladies." She had everyone dancing with her as you can tell from the pictures...even the lead singer!  :)  She also has had a long week, was pretty tired and had a few meltdowns!  :(  Kennedy was exhausted...  we didn't get home until 11:30... poor baby girl laid on my Mom's chest most of the night!

The funniest part of the night was watching Jack (Jocelyn's Dad) dance with Jocelyn to "My Girl."  Let's just say he put on quite the show! ;)

We had a great time, it was a beautiful wedding, and we are heading to The Kemah Boardwalk on the coast to show the girls the ocean and take a little family vacation today! 

11 comments:

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

How fun! Looks like a good time! Enjoy y'alls vacation!

Lauren said...

You all look absolutely beautiful! Looks like everyone had such a fun time!

Anonymous said...

Cute!! You have such a beautiful family!!! The girls look precious in their dresses!!!! I can believe the humidity messing your hair up..I grew up in Houston and lived there for 22 years!!!

Ashlee said...

Such cute pictures!! LOVE your jewelry(both in this post and the last one). The girls look as cute as ever!! Have fun at the beach.

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! Your girls AND YOU look awesome!!! We leave for the beach on July 10th...for 2 glorious weeks. Me, my two boys and a babysitter go the first week, then the hubs comes down the middle of the first week and stays for a few days (he hates the beach) and takes the boys and sitter home, then I stay the second week by myself!

Chris said...

These pictures are beautiful! My family lives in Texas and I miss them dearly. My nephew was married about a year ago, and Texas weddings are so beautiful and personal. All of you look so pretty and happy!

Tara G. said...

Whitney, I totally like that idea- because it's such a pain to try to put words in between and get them in order in the first place. Hmmm....

That is a beautiful wedding gown!! The girls look precious!

Heather said...

Great pictures ~ looks like everyone was having such a fun time! All of you looked beautiful. Where did you eat at the Kemah boardwalk? We always go there when we visit my sister, who lives south of Houston.

Sunday said...

Thanks for the heads up on printing your blog and what works best. I have been wondering, because I want to print mine out soon.

The wedding looked like a blast! Everyone looked just beautiful, too--as always!

Liz said...

Oh, the girls look precious!!! Simply beautiful - as is your entire family! What a great looking group! That wedding looked super fun!

mondie said...

Joc looks very pretty. I love the pic of you and jason. You have a beautiful family.