Sunday, February 21, 2010

American Girl Kind of Weekend

We headed to Dallas this weekend to take Morgan to the American Girl Doll store.  Gran Jan (aka Santa Claus) had bought Morgan a Just Like Me Doll for Christmas and told Morgan she wanted to take her to the store sometime soon.   As soon as we arrived, Morgan and I hopped out of the car before the rest of the gang (Pa Paw, Ganna, Gran Jan, Daddy, and Kennedy) could even park.  When Morgan walked into the store it was magical!  She said, "This is just like I dreamed it would be!"  It melted my heart!  We browsed the store for a good hour or two and she talked her wonderful and generous grandparents into buying her American Girl Doll a skating outfit and a cute ouftit with tutu.  Then we headed to the Galleria to go ice skating.  Morgan rocks on skates! 
Here's her doll in her new ice skating attire! Let me just say, I was painstakingly shy when I was Morgan's age but Morgan- not so much!  She talked to anyone and everyone and made a friend while ice skating.  The little girl was a few years older but a little more timid on the ice than Morgan and the next thing I knew, Morgan was out there giving her pointers!  So sweet and it makes my heart happy that she is not shy and is outgoing and makes friends easily.  Morgan was just precious that day!  It was just the best day and a wonderful memory we'll all treasure! 
Kennedy was wanting to get on the ice too and I let her for a few minutes and she got upset when I handed her back to my Dad so she got to go play in the mall play area and had a blast!  The girls also played there for a little while on Sunday morning before our brunch. 
Eating at the Bistro...
The whole gang...
  Kennedy has a bitty baby, but sometimes she fights with Morgan b/c she wants her doll so Gran Jan bought Kennedy a bitty twin for an early birthday present and my parents bought the twin an outfit and Morgan an American Girl Doll shirt to wear and one for her doll to wear. Finally, Morgan's doll got to get her hair done at the salon to end the day.  All I can say, is this store is a little girls' dream!  I'm so glad we got to go and our Ganna, Pa Paw, and Gran Jan were with us too!


23 comments:

Glenna said...

It was a fun trip. Guess we know what we can get you girls for Christmas from now on... doll clothes. Ha!

Thanks for inviting us to go.

Sunday said...

Too sweet!

Looks like y'all had a great weekend. Kade's 8th birthday is going to be an ice skating party. We may need Morgan to come and give us all pointers!

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

What a wonderful trip and one great memory that I will cherish always. Morgan is our American Girl for sure and she was an absolute Little Princess.

Kennedy was spunk as ever and always ajoy.

Thanks for a great time.!!

XXOOXXOO

~Amy Rose said...

How precious and darling! It is such a sweet experience taking your girls there. I miss those days...Maddie finally outgrew it this year. Wasn't the food yummy?? Love the ice skating pics too. What a FUN time!

~Amy Rose said...

How precious and darling! It is such a sweet experience taking your girls there. I miss those days...Maddie finally outgrew it this year. Wasn't the food yummy?? Love the ice skating pics too. What a FUN time!

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! I can't wait to take Charly there in a few years. And it ended up being a good weather weekend. Today my aunt, cousin and I went furniture shopping, we went to the Dump, you are so right...the prices are not cheap at all. But we did go to one place that you would love Anderson's. Next time you are in town you need to go.

Laura said...

I just knew ya'll were gonna have a BLAST!!!

Mommy said...

What a fun weekend you had! I hope to take my girls to an American Doll store some day :) You are all dressed to the kill as usual..love it!

Roxanne said...

great to see you and your precious girls! i love those american girl dolls and all the storie that go with them. hope to see you around town. hug!

Heather said...

OH I love this!! What a great day! Morgan looks so cute holding her doll and just enjoying her day there, so glad you guys got to go do this! This post just makes me so happy, love all the pics!!

Erica said...

Looks like the weekend was a success. Maybe one of these days we will make it to the American Girl Store. Love all the pictures and am very proud of you for being upright on the ice. All the pictures would have probably been of me on my bottom;-)

Lauren said...

I love this! We've been a few times and we all love it. (My husband even has a good time watching the girls.) This is such an amazing place! The only negative...I wish they made a big boy doll. I would sooo buy one for Henry! Hee,hee! :)

I love the "action" pix of Morgan and you skating! And as always, the girls' outfits are presh!

Tara G. said...

We were going to go for BG's birthday- moving messed that up! As soon as we get back, I hope we can plan a girl's weekend in Atlanta for her to go to the store. What fun and how precious to get to enjoy it all with grandparents!

Liz said...

So, so, so cute! I have heard that the American Girl store is 'magical' and I'm glad Morgan got to experience it. It looks like she was in heaven!!! I love it that her Gran Jan wanted her to have those memories of them together - melts my heart!!

Brandi said...

What a fun trip! Girls are presh!!!! I can't wait for Addison to be old enough to do the whole American Girl thing...fun!!!

ajphillips said...

That definitely looks like a little girl's dream!

mondie said...

Sounds like you guys had another wonderful outing. Peyton took to ice skating too. I have never skated. I am always a chicken.

Ashlee said...

What a sweet little trip. Morgan looks SO happy in all the pictures!! What a fun memory for all.

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, how much do i love this post?!?!?!? The American Girl dolls are just too much... SOOOO sweet! I cannot wait to do this with Annabelle! What a fun day and you are right, its one she will NEVER forget!

Glenna said...

One more comment, the girls were so friendly with everyone when they were playing in the play area. They both picked up friends so easily. Like Gran Jan said, Morgan is our true American girl and Kennedy follows right behind her. Morgan was a little doll the whole weekend. By the way, I guess thanks goes out to Gran Jan for inviting us to go along. Thank you! I can only imagine seeing that store through a child's eyes....I almost wanted a doll for myself.

Betsy said...

I just LOVE American Girl dolls. That is the classiest company I think! All my girls loved them and I have painstakingly kept all their stuff because I know it will be collectable one day...not to mention that my granddaughters will love playing with them!!

Your girls are so precious!

The Wiemers said...

Ahhh... that is so precious and so neat. Glad ya'll had a fun trip!

The Gilliland Family said...

Wow! How neat is that?!? Such great memories made. We must take the girls to this store one day! Also, I voted and couldn't agree more with you! you know some of my growing up struggles and this is so important in todays world!!! Thank you :)