Sunday is my hardest day as a coaches wife! Jason goes to work after church and lunch around 12. He doesn't get home until midnight and the last few weeks it's been around 1:30 a.m. I think Saturday is such a rush and Sundays are back to the real world! Ha! We usually go to our small group at church but this week we had Shepherding group at May Farm at 2:00 and that was right during the middle of Kennedy's nap. We definitely have to keep busy on Sundays, so we went up to the practice field to have a picnic. Morgan and Kennedy love to run and play up there! Our QB came out and played with the girls for an hour! I told you he was the best kid ever! He loves kids and is like this with all our coaches' kids! I told him he needed to be an elementary P.E. teacher! Morgan had him doing all sorts of things and he didn't blink an eye!
We got Chilis to go, but the girls did more playing than eating!
Morgan was using a diaper as a flag and saying go and Mitchell was throwing a tennis ball into the air!

About to race!
Playing with a large hula hoop! Not really sure what the big thing is for!

Kennedy enjoying her drink but I think she has a little field turf on her mouth! Ha!

Kennedy eating her corn on the cob... her new favorite food!


I want to get Mitchell's Mom's e-mail and send her these pictures and tell her that she and her husband (who was a coach) have done a great job raising Mitchell! I mean, how many guys his age would spend an hour playing with two little girls on a football field? I thought it was the sweetest thing ever! Our OC's wife told me that Mitchell also has a little brother in the program Big Brothers/Big Sisters and he took him trick or treating! My brother in law and sister are also involved in Big Brothers/Big Sisters and there's a substantial time commitment and I think it is amazing that someone takes time from their busy schedule to make a difference in a child's life!







19 comments:
Mitchell will make an awesome daddy and hubby one day. Yes, not too many guys that age would do that. Your girls are precious!!!
That is sweet. He will make someone a great husband and father. The girls sure are decked out for playing.
Precious, precious pictures. I love the first one close up of Kennedy and her corn on the cob. I have got to meet this awesome guy who was so sweet with those little grand girls of ours. I just became a #1 fan of his. Thank you Mitchell. Eveyone looks like they are having a ball. I am sure "Whit" enjoyed the time to relax and enjoyed watching the fun.
How sweet?! My kids love their corn on the cob, too! I can sort of relate to your situation as a coach's wife. Being the wife of a farmer/rancher doesn't allow Clint and I to spend as much time together as we would like. You guys are great together, though!
How cute is that!?!?!
so sweet! Love seeing the girls play on the field! I also love the girls outfits, precious!
Very cute! I bet your girls just think he is just the best (next to their daddy of course)! :) Love the picnic idea!
What a great kid! And yours are adorable as always!!! Love seeing their smiling faces!
These pictures are so cute! And you are so right, what typical college aged guy is going to do something like this! You should def. tell his momma what a great job she did! :)
Mitchell is a remarkable young man. I hope you get his folks' email; it is obvious he has been raised in a very loving environment.
Kennedy is getting after that corn!! Good for her!!! Nothing better in my book!!!
The pics of our girls are adorable. They are not only the prettiest but they have the best and sweetest hearts ever. I had an awesome conversation with Morgan this morning telling her about Granny and her injury. Morgan could not have been more kinder and concerned for her. Kids don't just know that stuff; they have to be shown be shown by example and those qualities are certainly being instilled by her & Kennedy's remarkable mama and daddy.
Thank you dear Lord for blessing my life with this wonderful family. I love you with all my heart!!
What a blessing. All we hear and see is the negative things about todays young people. Well it clearly is not true. Why doesn't the media tell this story?
Thanks for sharing . . .
WOW! that is incredible!
I love that picture of Kennedy with the corn that you put on FB! Don't you just love it that your girls are going to be able to experience "great guys" because of their daddy and his profession their whole life?! Thanks for sharing that story. So many people focus on the negative things that athletes do these days. I like to hear the good stories! I will be saying an extra prayer for you (and Mitchell) on Saturday morning! :) Go get 'em!!!
I'm with Shanan...I love the picture on fb. Absolutely precious!!! Good Luck Saturday! We are rooting hard for ya'll!
That is really awesome!
So Sweet!
I just keep going back and reading this. It just makes my heart melt!!!!!!!
No way! That is awesome! What a great "kid" to play with yours on a sunday afternoon!
My husband and I laugh and say that Sundays are supposed to be spent rejoicing, and instead it's usually the most stressful day of the week! Get up, get dressed, hurry up and eat, get out the door to church.....etc etc etc.
Glad your Sunday was nice and relaxing though!
That is so sweet!!!
Post a Comment