We lost 13-15! Heartbreaking! We needed to get into field goal range to win the game and we were so close! Our field goal kicker was on fire! He made 56 and 51 yard field goals during the game! MSU scored 15 points in the first quarter and never saw the end zone again! The good news, is we get a chance to avenge our loss Saturday at noon! Whoo Hoo! We play MSU again in the NCAA Division II playoffs!
Though the ending to the game was not what we wanted, it was great to be in Wichita Falls again! We lived there for 5 years and have wonderful memories there! Morgan was born there and Jason got his first head coaching job there! It was so wonderful to see several WFHS parents and players at the game sitting on our side! After the game, 5 of Jason's old players waited at the locker rooms to see him. I got to talk to two of them... and one of them, "J" told me over and over how much Jason meant to him and that "that dude was the best coach ever!" That made up for the loss right there! You see, "J" didn't always make the best decisions but he was one of Jason's favorite middle linebackers and he was a hard nosed hitter! Jason sat him out an entire half against Dennison b/c he missed a meeting! Yes, that seemed harsh and his Grandpa blasted Jason on the Message Boards but "J" learned a HUGE lesson that day and Jason never had another problem with him! Ever! As a matter of fact, that season when Jason was the HC, not one student failed the 9 weeks (they knew if their grade were low they'd be in the pit, so really they were just scared, ha)! Long story short, we lost by 1 point against Dennison and that cost us a district championship and play off spot. If we would have had "J", I think we would have won (he was that good and it was obvious the 2nd half), but there are more important things in football than winning! We ended up beating Rider (the 9-4A district champs that year) 41-7! Those boys finally bought in and believed by the end of that season and I've probably never been prouder of any team... ever!
One of the hardest things was the day Jason told the team he was leaving to come to ACU... that night 12 of the the Jr. football players came to our house crying and asked Jason not to go and told him that he was the only one that had believed in them! It was heartbreaking!
Ok, onto the weekend... we stayed at my parents and got home pretty late last night!
Here's Ashley and Kennedy Saturday morning riding down to the barn...
Morgan FINALLY (after much patience) got to ride her pony, Ginger.
This jeep is getting a little small, I think my parents need to upgrade! Ha!
Kennedy riding in a box behind Morgan...
MaMaw and Kennedy writing on the chalkboard in the garage.
Kennedy erasing...
Kennedy even got to ride...
Look at her holding on to the saddle horn...
Morgan looks like she's shooting something...
Kennedy konked out after the game!
This was our first house we ever bought... we drove by it Saturday and I took a picture! We lived right by the stadium! Made me a little sad! It looks just the same!
Jason and his girls after the game with retired Coach Leo Brittain.
Gran Jan and Morgan. Please keep Jason's Granny in your prayers. She feel and broke her hip and wrist. She is probably not going to be able to walk again, so Janet and her sister, Nancy will be making decisions about what is best for Granny in the upcoming weeks!
This is Thursday at a birthday party at a Children's Museum... they had a dress up stage and the kids were performing!








16 comments:
It was fun to be back in WF for the day on Saturday and it brought back some very good memories. Your first home--what a cutie it was, Morgan's birth, and lots of good football games.
I know you had a great time at your folks' this weekend and the girls just played up storm. Morgan was sure looking forward to riding her Ginger.
Glad we get a 2nd chance to play MSU!! This time we will come out on top!!!---we hope!!!
Our former minister and his wife were back in Odessa a few weeks ago to preach at our church. He and his wife were wonderful to us and he and Jason had a very special bond. Of course he wanted to see pics and get updates on Jason & family and Jocelyn. As he got up from the table he looked at me and told me that he always knew that Jason would go into the ministry. And that is what Jason does--his best to witness and teach young men every day. I am proud that he is able to pursue his calling. That would not be possible without the support and love of you, Whitney. Thank you from the bottom of my heart; if he didn't have you and those girls none of that would mean a thing to him.
Let's hope the 'Cats have a good week of practice and come up with a game plan to get after the MSU Mustangs!!
Go!! fight!! Win!!!
XXOOXXOOXXOO!!!
Yes Morgan is shooting a bear in that picture. The bears were about to get our horses!
Fun weekend! Prayers going your way from Florida......the girls are ADORABLE in those black dresses and the fru-fru at the bottom---makes me want to adopt a little girl!
So cute - love the girls outfits of course - and the pony - I had a pony and rode horses until my teens in competitions - Maelynn loves them and keeps telling us that since I had one as a kid she should have one too.
Oh my goodness- how fun! And I really like those dresses!!!!!!!!
Looks like a fun weekend! I would love to take Ayla horseback riding. My roomate in college rides and shows horses so I may invest in riding lessons this winter!! The girls dresses are sooo cute! I love Morgans necklace, did you get it on ebay?
praying for Jason's granny and that she will heal completely! It's hard making tough decisions like that for family members. The girls look adorable, it looks like they loved riding the horses. I want to do that!! Love it!
Love the black and white outfits the girls wore to the museum!
Looks like you all had so much fun! My girls (and I) would love to visit the horse! So presh!
I'm also loving the whole "lets pull my sister in a box while I drive"! Ha! That is sooo something we would do here...and I be the girls had a lot of fun with it too! Yeah!
Ha! Kennedy in the box behind the jeep cracked me up! Hope yall are great. Thinking about Jason's Granny...we were in that same situation with my grandma, too. Hard decisions for everyone involved. Hope you are doing well.
So glad to get to see you guys. Please tell Janet that we are thinking of her, because I know she has some tough times ahead.
Sorry to hear about Jason's grandmother...how sad. Your girls' dresses are adorable! My girls would love to ride a pony as well!
Love the pics from this weekend...especially the one of Morgan "shooting". The girl in the background leaning way over to avoid the back end of the rake makes me laugh! Glad you guys are getting a chance for revenge this weekend. We are definitely rooting for ya'll. Billy talked today about maybe going to WF to watch the game, so I'll text you for sure if he decides to come. It would be fun to sit and cheer with you!!!
Praying for Jason's granny and his mom and aunt. Those are hard decisions to have to make.
Hope you have a great week!!
I think Channa is trying to create crazy people out of us getting us all addicted to Spark! :) Glad to hear I'm not the only one she's gotten hooked on the stuff!
Love all the pic. esp. the one of Morgan pulling Kennedy behind the jeep. Those bushes have really grown at your old house.
Morgan was shooting at bears and we had the bear traps out. I was suppose to be sleeping on the saddle and she was on guard for the bears on North Creek she said. Brings back old memories. You all used to hook up boxes to your bikes like that. Kennedy loved the horse after she got going but she was not sure at first. Wish I had gotten a picture of Morgan laying down bareback on Ginger hugging her "like Flicka" she said. It was a fun day and I enjoyed being outside and playing but next time I will dress a little better if there are going to be pictures taken. Morgan was a little concerned that I was going to the grocery store dressed like that. She was so cute pushing her own little grocery cart. Wish I had my camera for that too. Won't be long and Kennedy will be driving that jeep next. Great weekend!!!!! Hopefully XMas we will have nice weather so we can get outside some too.
Coach Carthel cheered and laughed right along w/ all the other coaches! I laugh everytime I think about it. Billy is feeling much better as long as he remember sto take his medicines like he's supposed to. He lost track of time last week when we had the guys over and couldn't hardly walk by the time they left b/c he was hurting so bad. Hopefully we'll hear something back this week about what Dr. Parker's plan is for him.
Post a Comment