Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A little of this and that...

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=rookies

As you know last year some of our players were drafted to play in the NFL! Two of our former players play for the Chicago Bears, and Johnny Knox has been a finalist for rookie of the week twice. The really cool thing is his jersey is SOLD OUT in the Bears store! Go vote for him and if you watch the video Danieal Manning (who played for ACU the year before we moved here and now plays for the Bears, cool piece on him here... http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2009/10/8/1076165/nice-piece-on-danieal-manning ) is there at the end congratulating him! Johnny is having an awesome rookie year!

Did anyone watch Oprah today? All I could do is cry, cry, cry! This family... http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/ was featured on it as well as the parents who were raising 9 disabled children who were killed in their home by intruders. Now their oldest daughter and her husband are raising the 9 children. The show really puts things into perspective!

9 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

I haven't watched it yet. I was watching Biggest Loser trying to see if Tracey had gotten booted off yet or not. Catching up on Oprah for the week is on the list of things to do tomorrow.

Erica said...

I loved watching Stephanie on Oprah today. I learn so much from her blog on keeping things in perspective, it is just hard for my semi=OCD self to apply them sometimes. I am really going to work on living in the moment. I usually do not watch Oprah anymore but I did today just for NeiNei. Amazing!!

Lauren said...

I watched Oprah too! I ran across this gal' blog a few months ago when school started...she crafted back to school hats for her kiddos! Amazing!

Val said...

I watched it - I never do but DVR'd it since Stephanie was going to be on - I cried and it was exactly what I needed - just a little reminder of how blessed my life really is. Funny how God puts those things in your life right when you need them - I was having big 'poor me' night.

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

WOW! I only personally know one NFL player...Clint Hart, who plays for the Chargers. My husband and Clint played college baseball together and then Clint went on to play NFL...
Don't know that I'll get to watch Oprah..I started boycotting her a while back (several years ago actually)....but..I do agree that the story is SO sad about the family that was killed and all these children have to go through a huge transition phase and mourning!

Sunday said...

I'm glad you mentioned the Oprah show. I made a mental note to myself yesterday to check out her web site and read up on the husband & wife that were burned. I only got the end of their interview and wondered all evening and night what had happened to them. Remarkable story and what an inspiration to all of us mothers!

Clint and I talked a little last night about living in the moment, which is what Oprah was suggesting. We are so busy, but really do need to stop and breathe and enjoy each precious moment we have with each other (all our family).

The story about the young girl being adopted was great, too!

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

Bawled my eyes out just now! Holy cow. For that older sister, what a hard road, but what a rewarding road she and her husband have chosen to take. It always is a struggle to find foster families to take kids who have special needs, let alone step up and take care of 9 of them all at the same time. And Stephanie...wow! The Lord is definitely at work in that girl's life. (Even if she is Mormon, she is still a testimony to the power of prayer and God's healing touch.)

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

You know Whitney I never thank God enough for all the blessings in my life and I do have a more than I deserve....starting with you and your precious family and my sweet Jozzie.

There are so many people in this world who have struggles that most of us are not even able to comprehend. And then we spend most of our time in our own little world wrapped around the axle about things that don't even matter.

Thank you fo reminding us all that we have so much to be thankful.

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

It's funny to me how they lose all ability to function outside of football once the season starts. Billy is the same way. I had to force him to go to the doctor this morning, and I only won b/c the dentist refused to do anymore work on his teeth until he got the okay from the doctor.

Hopefully the weather won't be as bad as they are predicting it to be, but I have a feeling it's going to be close to it.