Saturday, October 17, 2009

ACU vs. WT



We lost 31-21! Man, losing is tough! I will be sad for a few days for sure! Jason was pretty upset... he even got mad at the game and threw his headphones! That usually means someone wasn't doing what they were supposed to b/c he usually stays pretty calm! Ha! I asked him why he threw them and I was right on that guess! :) He was telling them a screen was coming, spy, spy, spy and well.... I think the headphones may have gotten thrown at this point! Give WT credit though for calling a great game... Jason said they ran stuff today that he had never seen before on film!

I have a VERY hard time with losing... always have! I mean when your husband works all but 1 1/2 hours of the day (besides sleeping), 7 days a week, on football and stays up until midnight or later every night, it just makes losing really hard! Winning sometimes makes those long hours without Jason home worth it... key word sometimes! Ha! But hey, it's part of the game, right! And we all know that it's not all about winning and losing... the most important thing is making a difference and teaching these Men to be Men of GOD!

I said last week when we got our #1 ranking, that it was fun and nice to be recognized, but it really didn't mean anything, b/c we had 4 tough games to play and that is still so true! But win or lose, I support our team 100 % and am proud of them always! My friend Erica asked me if the players knew how hard I yelled for each of them (by name) and I laughed at her and told her that I'm pretty sure they never here me! You're so funny Erica and thanks for your sweet hug at the end of the game! I needed it! :)


Kennedy eating her yummy popsicle!

My friend Erica was holding Addie, our trainers' daughter and she was patting her bottom, so Kennedy started doing the same! So stinkin precious! Kennedy is a little mother hen!

She also had her arms out wanting to hold her!


Are these girls not the most precious, sweetest friends ever? They were so good at the game! They were playing school and one was the teacher and the others were students! Too cute!

Ready to cheer on our Wildcats!

I got to meet my blog, coaches wife friend whose husband coaches at WT, Jennifer! Unfortunately, Jennifer had a wreck (no one was hurt) so we didn't get to go to breakfast at Cracker Barrel like originally planned, but we did get to have lunch at Sharon Allens Bar-B-Q! It's funny b/c all of us LSC coaches wives have become blog friends and even have a recruiting season shopping trip planned! Whoo Hoo!

Jennifer made these precious shirts (they also have ACU on the front) and hair bows for my girls! Thank you Jennifer! They are so cute!

Friday night, thanks to Gran Jan, Jason and I did get to go on a date to eat at one of our favorite Mexican food places, TaMollys!
They have the best sweet tea! Yummmmm!

22 comments:

The Whitecotton's World said...

I have NEVER seen you in a cap, but you still look perfect!!!

Shanan said...

I am so sorry about the game. Yall have a really good team and it is still a lot of football to be played. Saying that, I can't believe we have to play eachother next week!!!! I am so excited to see yall and told my girls about it today. I am just going to think about our visit and not the actual game! :) I hope that you can enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Brandi said...

I just started following your blog.. cute! Your girls are precious! I just ordered the pumpkin dress from Sweet Plume thanks to you. So cute!!!!

Michelle said...

Okay, as with EVERY comment I make, I say it again...THE GIRLS ARE PRECIOUS! I love their outfits!
Glad you and Jason got to have a date night!
Sorry for the game loss!

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

I am sorry about losing the game and it hurts knowing how hard our coaches and team work. But in the big picture of things we will be fine if we get up, dust off the seat of our pants, and work hard for next week. How we handle the next 3 games will tell the tale on our character and what a great team we still are.

It is always the best spending time with the girls and driving home from the game I thought about the "Big Picture" how precious they are and how much I have to be thankful for.

Enjoy the jack-o-lanterns and give me a "Fred" update!

Everyone will need to cheery doubly loud for me me next week since I will be missing the Tarelton game.

XXOOXXOOXXOO!!!

annalee said...

just got off the phone with my dad who gave me the whole game report. so sad, so sorry! on a brighter note, your section of the wildcat cheering squad obviously won the best dressed award yet again this week:)

Val said...

So sorry about the loss - we got killed Friday night - our first official beating of the year - at guess it is still better - last year those poor boys got beat that bad every game. And my husband throws his head phones at least once a game - last night it was more like 5!

I love love the football outfits the girls had on - can you send me in the direction of how to get those for my girls?!! Also Jennifer did an awesome some on their other outfits - so cute!!

mondie said...

Sorry that the team lost, but as Janet sid it is not so bad in the big picture. Can't wait to see those little girls.

Erin said...

Agreed, losing is no fun...ever. ACU is an incredible team and the next teams you play better come with their A game! The outfits from Jennifer are so cute...and creative! Love the hat you have on in the last picture, where did you find it? I am always looking for cute hats and can't find any! I need to ask Shanan also, she is always wearing a cute hat in her pics! Be sure to give Jason a big hug when he gets home and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Heather said...

you look gorgeous in every picture! sorry about the lose, I am not a good loser at all! Love the pics of the girls and their outfits, precious!

Shelley said...

Thanks for the update on the game... GO ACU! We will have to get'em on the next four games :) Love the girls football outfits. We hated to miss homecoming but it just couldnt work out this year because of the girls soccer schedules. Maybe we can make Tarleton/ACU next weekend since it is just 40 miles away :) Have a great week!

The Gilliland Family said...

First, I LOVE your hat! where did you get it? Second, we lost our game too :P I know there is a big difference, high school football & college football...but the bears needed to win! (18-15) So close! Third, I LOVE those tshirts that were made for your girls, super cute!

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

Thank you again for being so sweet and gracious yesterday in all my mess. Like I told you, the Lord knew exactly what he was doing when he led me to your blog. And just for the record, even more so than now, I think all of our hubbies need to coach together. I don't like playing against friends at all!!!!! You guys will make a great run in the playoffs I know, and I'll be yelling for ya'll all the way. Keep us updated on Fred. I gotta know how that goes!! :) And I love Kennedy's mother hen picture. That is too cute!

P.S. Where did you get your hat? too cute!

Glenna said...

You look so cute in your cap. I need one of those for camping. Sorry for the loss, but maybe that will be the last one. Remember there can be worse things in life. The girls look cute! Love ya and have a good week.

Lisa said...

Love your blog...Sorry about the game! If I would have known you were in San Angelo, I could have finally met you in person when ACU played ASU.
Are you still updating your other blog? I think we all loved the cap...and you always look so perfect! Can you share some of your makeup *must haves* because I know my makeup doesnt stay on or look as good as yours does!

Take CAre!

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

Is Fred still AWOL?

Mommy said...

Loved your purple clothing!! Your girls clothes are adorable too!!! Oh...what a CUTE hat too!!! I wanted to respond to your question about my girls outfit...I bought it from ebay 2 years ago even before she could wear it..ha!

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

Shad is the LB who had the first interception and the safety and Crowdry is our punter. I am with you, I am glad it was not a blow out either way like last year. I don't like those even when we are on the winning side of them.

I was wondering about my thermos bag so I'm glad you found it.

How's your week been so far?

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

First of all, you look GORGEOUS in a cap! I look like a big ole'--well, I don't even know what, but it ain't pretty! AND.....you look perfect without a cap toO!
Sorry that y'all lost the game.....I know it stinks!!!

Betsy said...

You and your girls are so cute!! Sorry you lost! :( That is no fun! At least you got a fun date night. I love Mexican!

Roxanne said...

Hey, sweet girl! I just found your comment...thanks! I din't think I was ever going to get one:) I decided to start it at the beginning of the season ( I've never been good at scrapbooks)

Losing is SO painful. I do hope you and your Coach are feeling a little better and ready to move. We've got a big one coming up this Friday...Big Spring! I heard the whole town is coming over to cheer on the Steers.

Thanks for inspiring all of us girls to "be pretty"! You and your little ones always are....

Big hug to you!

Terah said...

Well well who is sweet? Me or Jolea? And you are right that is cute from a guys mouth. I really enjoyed out visit last night...and I just loved watching the girls play together (even if there were a few meltdowns over sharing the toys) We will have to get together for some football talk and good visiting...its always so GREAT to find good friends. I know that Andy and Jason will have TONS in common. I will tell you all about the partay...and I will post pictures as soon as I can! I cant Thank You enough for letting me borrow some of your zebra flair! Talk to you soon!