Sunday, October 25, 2009

ACU vs. TSU

We lost 13-6! We just couldn't score! We were in the red zone three times in the first half and couldn't get a touchdown. We kicked two field goals for 6 points. Our defense played so AWESOME. The score was 6-0 until TSU ran a 57 yard punt return back in the 4th quarter. We blocked the field goal so the score was tied at 6-6. Then with about 4 minutes left, their QB threw a 75 yard TD pass to make the score 13-6. Before that pass, Tarleton only had 112 yards on offense! They ended the night with -11 yards rushing (they are one of the top rushing offenses in the conference). TSU ended the game with 188 total yards on offense which was an incredible game for us defensively (anything under 220 yards a game is a great game for the defense)!

I feel sick to my stomach today and just want to crawl into a hole b/c we still have two tough games and we have to win out to get to the playoffs and watching us struggle to score on offense last night was heartbreaking! I just wanted to give our QB a big hug! He's a GREAT kid and such a hard worker and I think he's going to be really good (he's a freshman who has only started the last few games) but he got sacked 7 times last night!

I can say that I can smile a little knowing that you are having a good day Shanan and you were so gracious last night I REALLY hope you enjoyed your win and didn't feel guilty! I know how easy it is to feel guilty! I always feel bad for the other coaches wives! No one understands what it's like for us!

Both of our defenses played incredible and Shanan (go to her blog to read abou the girls at the end of the game) and I joked all week that it was going to be 0-0 and someone was going to get a safety to win the game! Ha! Speaking of Shanan, her husband, Cary is the DC at Tarleton and he used to be the DC at MSU. Jason used to go talk to Cary about defense. So, we knew them from WF! We met at Hard 8 for some BBQ before the game so we could actually talk and not just FB or text message all day long! We're not kidding! :) Morgan just loved Sophi and she even went to sit with them at half time. Jennifer, whose husband coaches at WT made our girls the cutest matching shirts and bows. They all wore them!

My Dad came to the game with me and Kim, Scott, and Cooper also came to the game b/c Scott graduated from Tarleton, but next time I'm making Scott go sit on Tarleton's side since he yelled for them! Ha ha!
Morgan, Cooper, and Kennedy

This kid never stops eating!
Shanan and I... Sophi was taking our picture!
Pa Paw and Kennedy
Cooper hugging Kennedy... how sweet!
Morgan and Sophi... instant friends!

Morgan, Sophi, and Bella
All the girls... this was the best we could do. Kennedy did not want her picture taken!




Okay, enough pouting, off to help with a baby shower!

13 comments:

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

Sorry to hear about the loss I know that is really hard! Can't wait to meet all you girls in Jan!! I am going to be the odd one out since I will be the only highschool wife, ha! But I'm loving it!! Theres just something Texas Highschool football that you got love!

Shanan said...

The girls and I just read your blog and they loved seeing the pictures. (I am going to have to steal a couple.) You are so sweet...check your FB message. Our day hasn't been that great. It was SOOOOO good to see you last night and I really enjoyed meeting all of your family. Your dad is so sweet! Sophi loved it that Morgan came over and hung out with her. It was cute when the game was 6-6 and they asked me if it was "tied" because both of their daddys were the "BEST" coaches? I told them absolutely!!! I hope your day gets better. I just want to take a nap!!

Val said...

So cute - love the shirts and all the purple!! What fun to get together with each other!

Shanan said...

I forgot to tell you.....Morgan and Sophi were playing football on the field with a bunch of boys last night after the game. I looked over there to make sure they were all o.k. and guess what I saw??? Morgan and Sophi both had a different boy tackled and pinned down to the ground. They must be listening and learning from their daddys!!!

Erin said...

I feel your pain Whitney...I have been pouting all day! It looks like you and Shanan had a great time and the pictures of the girls are so cute! Matt didn't get home until after 3am and was in no mood to talk about the game! Oh well, back to work to get ready for Tarleton!

ajphillips said...

Sorry about the loss! Kim said that Kennedy was miss mother hen to Cooper...they're so cute!

Glenna said...

Looks like the kids hit it off. Morgan never has trouble finding a friend that is for sure. So cute of Cooper and Kennedy hugging each other. I am sorry for the loss but your dad said Jason was in a good mood because of how the defense played so that was good to hear.

Glenna said...

Oh by the way that was so cute about the little girls saying they wanted the game to be tied because their daddies were both the best coaches. Way to go girls!

We love those daddies don't we!!!!!!

Heather said...

Ah girl, sorry to hear that y'all lost. That stinks and I hope y'all can pull off these 2 wins that you need! For what it's worth, you and the girls look as cute as always!

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

It is always good catching up with old friends and letting the girls meet, make new friends and play with each other.

Thank you for always being there for Jason and being so supportive. He couldn't do it without you.

I followed the game on the blog and I was there w/ you in spirit. See you Sat. for the Kingsville game.

XXOOXXOOXXOO!!!

The Wiemers said...

Glad we got to see ya'll. It was a lot of fun!!!

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

Loved the story about Sophi and Morgan at the end of the game. Too funny!!! Rooting for a big win for the Wildcats this weekend!! Do ya'll play at home or in Kingsville?

Tara G. said...

What sweet pictures, and how fun to have other wives who "get it" to hang out with! :)