Thursday, August 13, 2009

Little Miss Pre-Ker!

Morgan starts her first day of Pre-K at a Christian School here in town next Wednesday! She will be going 3 days a week! We had meet the teacher today! Her teacher goes to our church and is going to be so wonderful! I'm so excited about her first school experience. I've heard that what the kids learn is AMAZING! Morgan loves to learn and I think she will eat it up. She's so ready for school... she's starting to write a lot of words! She always has her note pad and marker with her and is asking me how to spell words. I'll tell her how to spell a word and she'll write it. She'll have pages and pages with words written all over them.

Jason got to join us b/c he came to the orientation instead of eating with the players. You can see from the pictures below how long Kennedy leaves bows in her hair! It drives me crazy!

Doesn't she color so well! She was very intense! There are 17 kids in her class and they all sat and colored very well while the teacher was talking. That was suprising considering they are all 4-5 years old!
Morgan and Henry! They are in the same class.

Before we left!

13 comments:

The Whitecotton's World said...

I am glad you are excited! I am afraid I will be in tears, and it will be here way too soon.

ajphillips said...

I can't believe she's already in PreK. I'm sure she will love it! That's usually the first thing she looks for at my house, the markers, map colors and scissors!

The Wiemers said...

Like Ashley said I can't believe she is starting school. I am sure she will do great!!!

Tara G. said...

Whitney, how fun!! My oldest did the same thing Morgan did and she began reading right before she turned 4. My baby girl will not leave bows in her hair long. In fact, she will look me in the eye and tease with her hand hovering over the bow and grin on her face! She has also been known to push her crib toward the bow holder and pull every single one off; she then tells me "bow!!"

Leah said...

You'll LOVE it. :)

Kim W. said...

How fun! Sad that they grow so fast, but exciting to think of the fun times ahead. Your girls are so precious. Can't wait to see "first day of school pics!" :)

Michelle said...

She seems like she's gonna do just fine momma! Maybe the teacher's helper!

Heather said...

How fun for Morgan!! I bet she will do great and love it! Hey I am having a giveaway on my blog that I know you would love!!

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

Your little girls are absolutely precious! Where does your husband coach at? I love that he sacrificed dinner with the guys for Pre-K orientation. If he's anything like my husband, I'm sure by this point in two-a-days he was glad for a break from the cafeteria!

Val said...

So sweet - Maelynn starts Pre-K at the Whitney Elementary next Monday - it is just a half day but everyday! Maelynn is the same way about wanting to write words and how do you spell everything - so cute!! She has started typing the words on the computer now since she sees me on it so much!!

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

That is too funny that you guys are at ACU. Cody Farrell was my husband's roommate until we got married. Love him to death. Good luck to you guys too, except when ya'll play us as well! My sister goes to ACU, so there's a little bit of family rivalry going on with us. Makes holidays w/ her and my husband interesting. Do you guys open up the season with Northwest Missouri? If so, I hope ya'll beat the snot out of them. And isn't it great how the Lord takes our best laid plans and turns them all around and upside down and makes them work for his glory. Have a great week.

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

A new chapter begins as Our Baby Girl starts school.

Bless you Morgan and may God watch over you as you start the year at your new school.

We all love you and we will always be here to support you!!

XXOOXXOO

Glenna said...

All I can say is an "AMEN" to Gran Jan's post. I could not say it any better than she has.

Best wishes all year long Miss Morgan!!!!!