Jason started two a days last Wednesday so basically we only see him if we eat dinner at him in the school cafeteria. These two weeks are REALLY hard, I'm not going to pretend they aren't. I really don't like them, but we've planned a lot of activities to keep us busy.
Although, these two weeks are hard, I'm excited about some ACU football coming soon.... check out the video advertising the game...
First we went to our friend, Kim, Jake, Jack, and soon to be Jolee Kate's house. Kim made some delicious sandwiches and the kids had a blast playing outside and eating pizza!
Morgan, Kennedy, and Jake playing in the water table.
Here's Kennedy and Jack doing what they do best... easting!
Morgan swinging hard, but she missed the ball!
Kennedy and Jack playing in the pool!
The next day we headed to my parents for a few days. My Mom asked me to help her with her house. She asked me what she needed to change. Well, let me say, my parents have had 3 weddings in 8 years and I think my Mom had used all the greenery from the wedding in her house. I made her take down all the greenery and the ficus trees (there were about 5 in her house). She resisted a little but finally gave in! Ha! I think she had an obsession with greenery and all things fruit! I think we got that fixed though! You should have seen the pile of greenery we took down!We first tried "use what you have decorating" and we rearranged and used what she had but we did manage to buy a few things to put up when we were in Wichita Falls Sunday night. We didn't have a lot of shopping options b/c there weren't many stores open on a Sunday night, so we were limited to Michaels and Ross. We are going to DFW this weekend though and plan to purchase a few more needed items for her home but the changes we made made a HUGE difference!
Here are a few simple things we did...
We found these two cute little plants to add to this plaque.
We found this cute feather wreath at Michaels.
She already had these things, we just grouped them together.
The girls had a blast riding in the Ranger... Morgan wanted the Ranger covered witha sheet to make it a covered wagon like Little House.

Before church on Sunday... Morgan was already in the car.









11 comments:
We have that sand and water table- one of the best purchases we've made!
My mom's house really needs a make-over. Really. Somehow, though, my parents have reversed roles and my dad is suddenly a pack-rat! UGH!
What fun times for you. It is so hard when the husbands are away and it's just us and the kids! Your friends backyard is awesome, so fun! Hope you have fun in DFW this weekend, I am going to be at the Galleria on Saturday, if your not near there we are planning a few more trips this year so hopefully it would work out!
Sounds like fun! ALL of it! See ya soon!
If you are traveling to do home make-overs, could you come to Hamilton next??? Just kidding of course :) Have fun in DFW... Cant wait for you to keep us updated on ACU football. Hoping for a great season!
Your mom's house sounds exactly like my mom's house. I made my mom take down all of her greenery this summer, too! It was from my wedding, also! Have a fun weekend and I hope you find some great deals. Do you shop at Nordstrom Rack? There is a great one off of 75 and Northwest Hwy (across 75 from North Park Mall) in a new shopping center. There is also a huge Children's Place and a Dick's Sporting Goods right beside it, too. It is a new area that is being developed. The CP had tons of summer stuff on sale!
Have fun in DFW, where are y'all going shopping?
SOOOO jealous of your shopping trip! We seriously are gonna make a shopping trip one day! We would have a blast! I got my Jbows in today, btw! LOVE them! Totally gonna order more soon! Gotta do better matching outfits up though. Anyway! Had a blast with yall the other night. Let's do it again soon! Have a good time with your mom, and hope to see you and your precious girls again soon.
So fun - I always like to make trips to my parents in Missouri when Chris is busy with football. This year will be a little harder since Maelynn is starting Pre-K and goes to school everyday. It is hard to just make a weekend trip up there since it takes 8 hours. But I'm sure we will figure it out some how.
I like Mom's dress! And it looks like the girls and Jake loved that water table!
To Kim W: Thank you so much for the sweet comments you left. Maybe next time we come to A town we can meet each other. Your boys are precious by the way. I know Whitney can help you out on the girl stuff. She know where it all at.
Whitney: I don't even want you to come to my house. There is no telling what you would do to mine!!! Ha Ha. Glad you had a good weekend. I know it can be hard. Scott has been gone all week too.
I have to tell you I was a little stressed not having my house complete and in order for the items taken down and things in waiting. By the way, I went ahead and bagged up the greenery for the attic. Ha! We enjoyed having you and the girls. You all should have stayed a few days longer. I am looking forward to this weekend sooooo much. Can't wait. Thanks, Gran Jan for keeping the girls while we have our weekend get-a- way!
Thanks for your help Whitney. Hope we find lots of good things this weekend.
Post a Comment