Friday, August 28, 2009

ACU vs. NW MO

I have to admit, I was a nervous wreck yesterday. I cleaned out my garage I was so anxious about the game! NW MO, coming into the game was ranked #1 and #2 in the nation (depending on the poll). They have played in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game the last 4 years! They beat us out in the play offs last year after we had beat them earlier in the season. But...

We won! 19-14
It wasn't necessarily pretty, but 2 WALK ON LINEBACKERS (GO LB's- that's what we say around our house) were difference makers in the game! What makes me most proud is these guys came in as walk ons and have worked hard and the coaches have developed them physically, but more importantly, mentally and spiritually. And they just helped us a beat at top 5 year in and year out D2 football team!

Game articles: Click to Read
So, we're all sitting anxiously ready for the game to begin. Everyone's happy, Morgan especially, b/c her friends Mallory and Campbell have arrived and THEN... all heck breaks loose! The announcer announces that a storm is coming... "evacuate under the stands!"
Here are the tarps being blown over... we had a huge tailgate before the game!


We waited under the stands, got a little wet, but come hell or high water, we were going to watch the game! My girls are TROOPERS, that's for sure!

Loved seeing the rainbow (chills)... GOD'S amazing promise to us! GOD IS SO GOOD!

After the storm passed it was still sprinkling a bit, and was a little chilly since we were all wet. Here's Morgan and Wesley wrapped in Gran Jan's blanket under the stands!

Had to get a picture of us packed in like sardines and looking like wet dogs! Thank goodness Gran Jan was there to help with the girls! They did awesome during the 30 minutes we had to stay under the stands... we're talking almost 12,000 people at the game! Some people went to their cars but a lot were under the stands!
Arthur Johnson... a WALK ON LB who recovered a fumble for a touchdown. Sooooo proud of him! He was all over the place last night!
Not the best picture, but Morgan and Jason after the game!
Daddy's little cheerleaders...



Also, thank you Mom for taking Kennedy home to let her go to bed! She was a tired baby girl!

15 comments:

The Gilliland Family said...

Cute pictures! Awesome first game! Crazy storms! We got them here at the house later in the night. Congrats again! Have a great weekend :)

Unknown said...

Yay!! I had read your post about the game earlier, and had hoped you guys won!!! That's great! The weather, not so much... glad the girls did well during all of that!
They both look SO cute in their cheerleading uniforms!! :)
We just got AB one a few weeks ago, so we've been having "photo shoots" in hers! Ha...
Yay!, again, for the win!!!

mondie said...

Congrats to that defense and Jason. I made it though the first half on tv and we checked the paper this morning. Tell Jason he looks good on tv.

Shanan said...

Wow, I love your pictures! I would have been a nervous wreck too. Great that defense scored too...I love it when that happens. :) Hope you can enjoy your weekend. Have a good one!

annalee said...

man y'all look cute even in the storm! we were so glad the game still got to be played and for acu's win!!!

Lauren said...

Congrats on a great win! Love the girls' outfits! Great pix of your hubs and daughter on the field!

Sunday said...

Congratulations on the big win! Clint and I watched most of the game. I was telling Clint about your last post when you mentioned that Jason played as a LB at Angelo State. Clint wondered if Jason knew a good friend of his, Matt Fry or Fryar/Fryer (I can't remember what he said) that also played as a LB for Angelo State. I told him I would ask you, but wasn't sure the years that Jason played. Have a great weekend!

Sunday

Jennifer said...

Your girls are the cutest little ACU fans I've ever seen! Congrats Jason on a job well done!

The Wiemers said...

Way to go ACU!!!

Kim W. said...

We were on our way there...and then the storm was fixing to hit and so I chickened out! :) To Cracker Barrel we went! Ha! Glad it was a good game. We look forward to making it to the next one hopefully! The girls look adorable in their little uniforms, by the way! TOO CUTE!!

Michelle said...

GREAT FIRST GAME! CONGRATS ON THE WIN! WOW! BAD WEATHER...Glad y'all were okay. Hey, it is Texas, and football must be played!

Prissy Petals said...

Congrats on the win! That is awesome, what a way to start the season out:) My husband watched the game and he was so excited...I was planning on watching but I fell asleep-go figure;)

Terah said...

Oh Whitney...your sweet comments just made my night...that wasnt such a good one under the lights:(
I cannot bring myself to spend 50 dollars on a nap mat either...although they are so cute arent they? So you just had a nap mat cover made...is that correct...and you monogrammed it with Morgan's name? If so, did your mom sew it for you? Would she sew one for me if I paid her and bought all the materials? I cant sew a straight line and either can my mom...so its either someone sew's it for me or I am stuck buying one! Where did you get K's lunch box that is made of oil material? I want one of those too...I "know of" Stacy Doby, but I dont really "know" her! How do you look at her merchandise? Oh...so many questions I know! And by the way...you are welcome for the text...I just couldnt help but think about you while I was watching! Im so happy for Jason...and for you and the girls because what happens on Friday or Saturday's can make or break the rest of the week!

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

How awesome!! We are so happy for you guys! That is so funny about the girls and pooping. I mean not funny ha ha but just that they both had accidents! Poor Morgan and Kennedy! They must have been nervous for the game or something!!Well girl let me tell you about my day..yesterday started with a horrible headache all day but I toughed it out and went to the game, we did not get home until 12:30! (Because of the rain delays and OT) Also JR's final check from his previous school district was supposed to be mailed the day before but we didn't get it. (of course the final check can't be direct deposited, UGH!) So I checked our mail atleast 20 times yesterday waiting for the check to make it to the bank on time. Finally at 4:30 the mail comes, I race to the bank and they deposit the check, but I don't think to take money out because it will be available the next day (today). Well, this morning I check online our account and don't see the check, UGH! What they meant was between midnight and 7:30 today the 29th not the 28th like my slip says. But since our insurance changes on the 1st I need to get all of his meds and stuff, of course I now can not get them because I have no money on me and I only have temp checks because I ran out of checks and they are on order. So I go to pick up his meds, in Mesquite 30 mins away because his insurance we are only aloud to use 1 pharamacy and they don't have our meds. So I race home call the doctors get them to call in the scrips and race back to Mesquite, only to find out they don't except temp checks and I have no money on me. I had a million things to do today and got nothing done except ran through a tank of gas running around trying to get everything taken care of. Oh and I set in parked traffic on 35 for almost an hour because of an accident tonight! UGH I am so glad this day was over!!

Heather said...

YAY!!!! So glad you guys won, I was hoping to get to see some of the game and was so bummed I didn't! Great pics!