On Saturday we went to Amarillo for a little shopping. Then we went to the musical/play TEXAS that evening. TEXAS is performed a big ampitheater in the Palo Duro Canyon where the Battle of Palo Duro Canyon b/w the U.S. Army and the Indians took place (my hubby is a history buff so I got a great history lesson while we were there). Jason's uncle (Gran Jan's brother) used to perform in it. The people in the front of us and behind us told us Morgan and Kennedy put on a show as good as TEXAS. Kennedy was dancing like crazy (it was hilarious). I wish I had a picture but it was after dark and there was no flash photography. Also, Morgan said, "This is the best thing I've seen in years." You know she's soooo old! Ha!
The ride home was a little hard... the play was from 8:30- 11:30, so it was way past their bed time which made for two tired girls today. Kennedy only slept 30 minutes coming home and Morgan was a grouch to say the least!
We went on a drive around the canyon and Ashley took this picture.
Here's Jordan with a tarantula crawling up his arm... they were all over the roads in the evening! Gross! And Jordan caught them all weekend! I get the chills just thinking about it! Can you see why I'd like a hotel room?
All the actors lined up after the play to talk to the guest.
Doesn't Jason look so excited that I'm taking his picture... AGAIN!
The beginning of the play... the play made me realize how lucky we are to live in the U.S. but even more lucky to live in the great state of Texas!
Of all things, I forgot to bring Kennedy's 4th of July bow! :)
A picture of the guys!
The girls, minus Kennedy who was getting a quick nap in before the show.
Morgan loved taking pictures with Ashley's camera... a future photographer maybe?
Jason and Dad cooking!
Morgan loved to play in the bottom of the camper, so of course Kennedy did too! Ashley too....! Ha!
We had breakast at Cracker Barrel before we hit the road on Friday... Morgan conned Ashley into buying her the lollipop!Ashley was trying to "get me" b/c I posted a picture of her with no makeup, so I thought I would just go ahead and post this awful picture of me being a little goofy!
Morgan roasting marshmellows!









10 comments:
Looks like you had a wonderful time with your folks and A&J; Palo Duro Canyon is spectacular and the play is awesome. I am with you, Whitney....."God Bless the
USA" and "Texas Our Texas"...
Love the girls' outfits; those girls are our Lil' Firecrackers!! As always thanks for sharing your good time and the pics!
Happy 4th of July!!!
XXOOXXOO!!!
Y'all are beautiful no matter what! Now, that Jordan guy...hmmm, I am worried about him! J/K! He is braver than I!!! Surprised Ashley allowed that! Gave me chills just seeing the picture. Looks like it was LOTS of fun! Anything is better than sitting home all weekend. :-) Thanks for sharing!
Um, that spider is GROSS. I think I'd even pick mice over them. What a totally fun weekend!
You are adorable! Such a precious little family. You always look so put together... I have GOT to stop wearing "work out" clothes all of the time, especially since I'm not doing the actual work out! You're too cute.
The TEXAS show was awesome. My favorite part was at the end with the horse and flag on stage with the fireworks. Gave me cold chills and brought tears to my eyes.
It was a little stressful with eight people and a dog in the RV with no sewer hook up but we survived. Ha!
Glad we were all able to go together and glad the girls loved the show so much.
What FUN!! The girls are so cute, love those outfits!! You are Ashley look so much like your mom.
So much fun. Makes me wish my family lived closer and we could do fun things like that all together. Love it. Anyhow, cute tutu's, by the way! You have your work cut out for you now that we know Aaron and I are having a girl this time!! Get ready...I'll be comin' a knockin'! ;)
What a great weekend. Now I get what you meant when you said "to see Texas". Glad you had a good time.
I miss living in Texas and I miss Texas pride even more!! I am a Texan at heart! Thank you for the great pics and post.
-Ash-
Glad ya'll had a good time. At least we will have 2 campers next week. See ya'll soon.
Post a Comment