Sunday, April 5, 2009

Grand Total!

So you do want to know my grand total from my garage sale? $913.72!!!!! I just added up my checks from before the sale and I made $388 before the sale b/c I had 5 friends with sweet girls come over and look at my girl clothes (I was selling most of my girls clothes 12m-4t, except for a few outfits I'm saving for Kennedy). Then I made $525 at the sale if I include the comforter my mom bought from me with the $50 she made... she sold everything she put in.... her old comforter, 2 lamps, some pictures, and bath mat.

You should have seen Kelly's garage... there was so much stuff and we really needed the entire garage just for our kids clothes. We actually sold a lot of stuff... our total sale was about $2000 b/w the 5 of us!

Jason and I went to eat at Dos Primos last night (their tortilla soup is incredible). Then we went to Lowe's to get a new fixture for our back porch. We have a fan out there and the blades are wilting. We found a really nice one on clearance for $23. I just printed off some coupons for JC Penny's and I'm going to go buy my new dishes with my garage sale money and find a picture to go with my new bedding.

8 comments:

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

Way to go Whitney.!!! That is awesome. I sure need to follow your lead and do the same--maybe I can shoot for doing that as a May project. It is a lot of work but it so nice to clear out closet and drawer space and make a little $ while you are at it.

Look forward to see what new decorator things that you find.

XXOOXXOOXX

The Wiemers said...

That is awesom! I bet you already have it spent. Ha Ha!!!

Glenna said...

I am jus t glad to get rid of my little $50 worth. Hey, I have never bought from a garage sale, but I love the new bedspread I bought from you and the picture too. Thanks for taking my stuff and getting rid of it for me.

Glad you did well and doesn't it feel great to have stuff all cleaned out. I am also so happy that your headaches are better. If that really works, I am going to give it a try also.

Joni said...

Wow!! Way to go!

ajphillips said...

I can't believe you made that much, but then I can! I knew how many kids clothes you had! I'll buy that pump when you find it...just don't get rid of it!

Jackie said...

That's awesome!! I have made $350 at a garage sale back in the fall, and I thought that was good. I nearly croaked when I read over $900!! LOL

Kim said...

Wow! What a garage sale! I wished I hadn't of missed that! Anyhow, hope yall are doing great...and I sure hope your headaches go away...that is no fun! Well...it's almost time for our playdate! Can't wait! PS. Saw George last night...and will again tonight at the Artist of the Decade...I'll be sure and tell him his biggest fan, Whitney from TX, says hi! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!