Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Sweet and Frustrating Husband

Usually my blog post are about my kids (except during football season- ha!), but this one is dedicated to my wonderful (most of the time) husband. Not that he even reads my blogs or has time to read my blogs. I was soooo mad at him this morning. First, he has not put a washer in our faucet that has been dripping for several weeks now. I've have asked him (nicely) many, many times this week. He has been up every night until midnight watching film, evaluating players, etc. and at work at 5:30 am to run kids who have missed workout and to workout himself, but has he fixed the sink??? No! Then, last night, he got home around 11 and said he needed to run back up to school to get some film. So, I asked him to take my car and fill it up with gas, so that I wouldn't have to do it (I usually do) this morning when it was freezing outside. We had a b-day party to go to at 10:30 this morning. When I got in the car this morning, my car had 23 miles left. Uggghhh! I called him and said, "Did you not put gas in my car last night?" After he said, "Oh' I'm sorry, I forgot," I said, "Ok, bye." I think he knew I was mad. It really wasn't about the gas, it was that he was doing what he needed to do for football, but not for our home or me! I was realing in that thought!

Anyways, about an hour later he unexpectedly shows up at the birthday party (I guess on a break) and took my car and filled it up, helped me load the girls up, and headed back to work. Isn't that sweet? I guess he's not in the doghouse anymore. But seriously... MEN!!!, why are they so frustrating and why do we have to ask 1,000 times before something gets done?!

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

I know just how you feel!! Gordon just now took our Christmas tree down. I have had all the decorations off of it and everything. I can't tell you how many times I have asked haha!! Got to love them!!

Kim W. said...

I hear ya!!! Sometimes I ask and ask and ask...and then I finally just do it. And then he gets mad at me for doing it myself. Wait a minute...really!? HA! I so understand! Can't wait until we can actually get together and chat! This oughta be fun! :)

Erin said...

Sounds like you are as ready as I am for recruiting season to be OVER...they seem have a one track mind during these times!

Molly said...

Sounds VERY familiar! Our faucet on our bathtub has been dripping for a couple of months now! So frustrating!!!! We are also in a standoff over Koy's hair. He was supposed to take him for a haircut during the Christmas break and "didn't have time" so it just keeps getting longer and longer. I refuse to cut it! Good luck with the sink! P.S. If you ever need a plumber our brother in law lives over there and is really good.

Charity said...

It's is definitely a guy thing!!

Thanks for asking about Sam. He's doing much better! Still doing breathing treatments, but much better!!