Thursday, October 23, 2008

Busy, busy


Lots going on around our house. This morning I went to prayer group and lunch with friends at the Health Food Store. I had a chicken pita that was delicious but HUGE! I could only eat half. Now, Kennedy and I are home getting dinner ready for tonight. We're having friends over and I'm making Grilled Pork Tenderloin by Paula Deen and Strawberry Banana pizza! ACU homecoming is this week. We play Tarleton who is ranked #16, so it will be another tough game but we can do it! Tomorrow night, ACU is having a homecoming carnival so we're taking the girls. Can't wait... we haven't gotten to do much of anything as a family since football started.

Kennedy is rolling over both ways now and she LOVES to growl! She REALLY wants to crawl... she's gettting up on her knees a lot. Of course, I'm trying to keep that from happening! Morgan continues to be such a great helper and is growing up. Last night, while we were making the marinade for the tenderloin, she peeled all the garlic cloves for me to press! It took about 30 minutes and she worked hard the entire time!
D2football.com had a good article about 3 of our players and about the game coming up... http://www.d2football.com/nationalcolumnist/16/


Up on my knees and ready to go! If I could only figure the rest out!

Monday morning right after we woke up, Morgan wanted to show Kennedy pictures in one of our many photo albums, so here they are!

Here's the tenderloin recipe:

Grilled Pork Tenderloin by Paula Deen
Marinade: 1/2 cup soy sauce
2 oranges, juices
1 lime, juiced
1/2 cup tamarind concentrate (I have NO idea what this is, so I just skipped it).
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon ground ginger 1 clove garlic, crushed 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
1 pork tenderloin (about 12 ounces)
Olive oil, for brushing
Combine marinade ingredients in measuring cup and stir to combine. Place the pork tenderloin in a plastic, sealable bag. Pour marinade over the tenderloin and seal bag. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
Preheat an outdoor grill or preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Remove pork tenderloin from marinade and pat dry. Brush olive oil onto grill and over meat for extra flavor. Reserve marinade. Grill tenderloin until cooked through, about 30 minutes to 40 minutes over medium heat. Or roast in oven for 35 to 45 minutes. Allow meat to rest about 10 minutes before cutting into 2-inch serving pieces.
While meat is grilling, bring reserved marinade to a boil in a small saucepan, then lower the heat and gently simmer until it is reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Stir occasionally. Drizzle a small amount of marinade over each piece of meat.
Edit:
Oh' my gosh... this tenderloin is to die for delicious! I didn't use the scallions. It's really easy. The marinade takes about 10 minutes to make and the next day, you just stick it in the oven. The leftover marinade you cook and pour over it is what makes it so yummy. Also, I will just buy crushed garlic instead of pressing it myself when I make it again ... that was the only time consuming thing.

8 comments:

Glenna said...

Cute pictures of the girls! You all are busy. Those little girls are two "busy" little girls too!

mondie said...

Those girls have on a new outfit in every picture. They are cute. I miss getting to see them.
The recipe sounds good, but it has way too many ingredients for me.

ajphillips said...

Can we come eat? I've got a busy night...meeting for photo order, designing a blog, editing photos, dinner, TONS Of laundry, a dirty house...I'm sure the list can go on and on! JK about eating! I may be testing Jordan's skills tonight!

Amy said...

Cute pics of the girls! That recipe sounds delicious, but I may save it for a special occasion. Seems a little more complicated than my normal weeknight meal. Let us know how it turned out!!

Shanan said...

Whitney, You have a beautiful family! I am so glad that I can stay up to date on what is going on with yall now. There is something to say about being a coaches wife! :) Hope to see you Saturday!
Love, Shanan

Robyn said...

This tenderloin is on my monthly rotation!! So easy and so yummy! It's one of Ken's favs. See ya tomorrow!

The Wiemers said...

Those pictures are cute.

ladymann said...

Can you send me the recipe for the strawberry banana pizza?