Saturday, October 25, 2008

ACU 37- TSU 17, We're 8 & 0 for the first time in 58 years!

Kennedy and Ashley Morgan and Jordan
Picture with the Wildcat

Ok, here's my t-shirt I bought from one of our players. His group designed the shirt for a marketing project in his class. Malone is our QB, Scott is our RB. Cool, huh? Morgan and I
My mom and Morgan

Kennedy sleeping with Gran Jan. She would pull the blanket over her eyes.
Morgan posing as usual!

We're 8 and 0 for the first time since 1950 and it feels good! We had to play today without our starting quarterback who hurt his hand against WT. Our backup did good... our offensive line did a great job... they're tough! Our defense held TSU to 75 yards rushing when they average over 200 yards a game. They have 3 good running backs. I feel so re-leaved after this game and so does Jason. He feels like the weight of the world has been lifted off his shoulders. For some reason, this entire week, I just didn't have a good feeling about the game, but they proved me wrong! Maybe I was just nervous and worried about our quarterback (Billy) not playing! Billy is really smart and a great leader, so I just wasn't sure what was going to happen. Defense really stepped it up and I'm so proud of them! The great thing is out of our two deep, only five of our defensive players are seniors. In my opinion, Fred Thompson deserves LSC South player of the week! But... they don't ask my opinion! Ha!
We're so humbled to be a part of this program! Go Wildcats! Next up... Texas A&M Kingsville... another tough one. Actually, our entire conference is tough! We've got to continue playing well!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome victory........I am so proud and happy for ACU....way to go team and coaches. It was great being at the game with Coach Johns' 3 best girls; you gals are the greatest......!!!

Go Wildcats and keep those wins coming our way!!!

Love, Gran Jan

mondie said...

Exciting!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. I love the pictures too! I want to talk to you about getting tickets to a game soon. Bob has been wanting to go, so I thought I would get tickets and surprise him. Just not sure where to go. Talk to you soon.

SanDee said...

That picture of Kennedy and Ashley is really really cute. They are both smiling and look very happy.

Go Wildcats!

The Wiemers said...

Thats cool. Cute pictures.

ajphillips said...

I love the shirt....not sure why when I email pics, they have that white on them!

Erin said...

Congratulations on another win and a great season...with many more games to come!

Shanan said...

Hey Whitney!
Great game! What an amazing experience! I am sorry that I didn't get to see you and those precious girls. Thanks again for the kind comment....I needed that!! :) Cross your fingers for us that we beat WT!!! If yall ever come to WF, please call me!
Love, Shanan

btw...you've been tagged!

Glenna said...

Great pictures, great win and great time this weekend. Good luck Wildcats next week and to Coach Johns.

Glenna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.