Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Are you ready for some football?

I AM.... in less than 48 hours Jason's mom, Stepdad, and I are headed to Dallas to fly to Maryville, MO on Saturday to watch the Wildcats play their first game against NW Missouri State. NW Missouri State has played in the last 3 national championship games and has won 17 straight home games. They are currently ranked #3 in the nation. It will definitely be a challenge for ACU! This game is one of the most antipated and talked about games in DII football http://www.funditechnologies.com/~krobarts/notes/week1fb.pdf .

Along with excitement, I'm VERY nervous. We are running a 3-4 defense instead of a 4-3, so it will be very new. Basically a 3-4 means 3 defensive lineman and 4 linebackers instead of 4 lineman and 3 backers. So... bring on the blitzes! Besides touchdowns, I think one of the most exciting things is to watch a player blitz and sack the quarterback! Oh' I hope we play good. We struggled defensively last year, and it was so hard! As hard as it is sometimes, there's nothing better than the excitement and anticipation of football season! It should be a fun trip... I know our quarterback's family and our kicker's family will be on the same flight to MO, and I'm sure several other fans. The team is having to ride on buses... yuck! I saw three of our players in Walmart tonight buying "snacks" for the long bus ride!

9 comments:

Erin said...

Have a safe trip and best of luck to the team! I am headed to San Marcos on Saturday for our game...hopefully we both come home with a win!!!

Holly said...

I have no idea what a blitz is, but I still hope you have a great time. We are big ACU football fans the kids love to go to the games.

Shelley said...

GO ACU!!! Cant wait for Homecoming :)

Anonymous said...

We are ready for some football!!!

Bring it on!!!

Go ACU!!!!!

Gran Jan

Amy said...

I forgot to tell you that I THINK I saw Jason in Wal-Mart last Friday night while we were in Abilene. He was chatting with some "big boys" that I am guessing were football players. I really wanted to say, "Hey, Jason! I know your wife from her blog!" But how weird is that? He might have thought I was stalking y'all!!LOL:)

Anyway, have fun at the game!

ajphillips said...

I hope they win! Have fun...

I think I saw Jason in a little clip on the news last night.

Glenna said...

Hope you have a good trip and come home with a win. You will enjoy the break from the girls I am sure. Think someone has invited the girls to a birthday party on Kim's street. They have lots planned for the girls.Have fun and be safe. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip. I love how knowledgable you are in football lingo, makes me laugh, because I would never have imagined that you would be so into it, even if Jason is a coach! Have fun, GO ACU!!

Anonymous said...

Yea! It sounds like you love football season just as much as I do! I guess we have no choice but to love it! Have a safe and fun trip!