Well, Jason made his first post last night! He was adamant that I change my blog so it can only be read by friends. Some guy hadwritten a comment asking me for permission to use some pictures from my blog in his book. Yes, that is weird and freaky! Then I told Jason that when I check my sitemeter, my blog is getting over 80 hits a day and I've had people from Austria, California, etc. I'm sure 99 % of those people are people that linked off some of my friends blogs, but I know there are some crazy people in this world. Jason thinks that people can find a lot out about our family just from our blog, which is true. For example, if I write about him having a football game out of town, anyone could look up our address on the web and knowing Jason's gone, rob our house. Unlikely, yes, but a little scary... yes. I try not to put things that give clues like that on the blog... that's why I took off our last name, but I know there are things I miss. So, I'm going to change it (when I figure out how) to only approved readers. Jason is insisting! I have mixed feelings b/c I've hooked up with some friends I haven't seen in a while through my blog, but in this scary world, I don't want to take a chance. I know some of Jason's old friends from high school even read the blog, even though they don't have a blogger account.
Anyways, I will probably change it next week, so if you want to continue reading it, you just have to set up a blogger account and let me know that you want to be added as an approved reader. I'm guessing I just need your user name for your account to add it to the approved list. I need to check on that.
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Be sure and keep me on your list. I enjoy reading your blog. I certainly understand Jason's concern.
I would love to be added to your invite list! I'm not sure if you read my post on "blog-weirdo's" a few posts back, but I too have been a little more nervous lately!! My whole life is on this blog...and my kids!! I completely understand Jason's concern. I may be right behind you!
Hey, put me on your list too. I don't want to miss all the new baby photos.
Post a Comment