Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Air Tractor's 50th anniversary, Pregnancy pictures, busy week










This past weekend we went to Air Tractor's 50th anniversary celebration. My dad has worked there for over 30 years. Leland Snow, the founder and owner has a new book and it's a pretty amazing story of overcoming obstacles. Without Air Tractor, Olney probably wouldn't be much of a town today. Jason had a scrimmage Saturday morning, so I stayed to watch it and Morgan went with Ashley and Jordan to watch the air show, play in the air castles, etc. Saturday night, they had an awards ceremony, bar-b-que, dance, and fireworks. It was the best fireworks show I have ever seen... amazing!

Monday night Ashley http://www.ashleyphillipsphotography.blogspot.com/ took my pregnancy pictures. We did them with Morgan so I felt like I needed to do them with Kennedy. They turned out pretty good. I can tell my face is swollen... I should have done them about 5 weeks ago! The backyard we did them in was absolutely gorgeous. Jason said he would never come inside if he had a backyard like that. Oh' and my husband!!!!!!!!!! Grrrr!!!!!! I went and bought him a white polo type shirt at Walmart to wear for the pictures. I ironed it and had it laying out on the couch so he could come home, shower, and be there to take pictures around 5:30/5:45. Morgan and I had gone early to get started, b/c I had bunko at 6:30. He showed up about 5:45 with no shirt, a scruffy face that hadn't been shaved in 2 days, and his hair not combed. Oh' goodness! He thought I was bringing the shirt. So, we did pictures in his wrinkled, white undershirt.
Jason also played softball tonight with the church league. I called him on the way home from Bunko to see if I needed to pick up Morgan. He told me I did b/c he was in the emergency room and thought he had torn his ACL. I believed him... he was kidding! I think he said that b/c I always joke with him about thinking he's still 18. When we were at Old High, all the coaches would play basketball, except they would play like it was football. In the 5 years we were there, he only went to the Dr. one time and that was b/c he got hurt playing basketball. Now, I will say this, Jason is in EXCELLENT shape. He runs and lifts 5-6 days a week (why didn't I get that motivation and drive?) but he needs to be reminded that he's not 18 playing football again! I was glad he was joking, but he did skin up his leg b/c he fell down running to a base. I used to love watching him do drills with the linebackers at Old High. He had several shirts he would wear and they were all torn from doing the drills with the kids. He doesn't do that with his players now... they are much bigger and stronger! Jason jokes that the only reason he works out now is so he can beat up any boy that's mean to Morgan. He's a mess, but he's Jason, and he's a pretty good guy to say the least, even if I was a little mad at him about the pictures!

9 comments:

ajphillips said...

That's funny b/c Morgan was playing nurse and Jordan was the doctor Monday night. I was the patient. Jordan went into our bedroom to watch hunting and she kept going in there and saying, Dr. the patient needs you. Then she leaned down to me and rubbed my cheek and said "It's going to be okay, he'll be with you in a little while"

mondie said...

The pictures are precious. I like the one with the writing. Jason is a keeper. Did you get that email for Shelbi? My email has been a mess.

Matt said...

Your pictures are gorgeous and your face DOES NOT look swollen. You look great. I didn't even notice Jason's shirt - it doesn't look wrinkled at all. Your sis did a great job - well, she had great talent to work with, too.

SanDee said...

Those pictures are Great even wearing a undershirt. HA Your face doesn't look swollen at all to me. Your sister is a great photographer. Is she here in Abilene?

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. All I see that is swollen is your belly...please!

The Wiemers said...

The pictures are so sweet. The stories about Jason make me laugh.

Glenna said...

Enjoyed the weekend with you all. I thought the pictures turned out really good.

Anonymous said...

Whitney, you are all a beautiful family and I love the pics. I hope that all will be well with your blog because I enjoy seeing your pictures and reading about what is going on in your lives. Thanks for sharing.

I have tried to straighten out my username and password and it is still fouled up. Gran

Molly said...

Whitney and Jason, I just wanted to say congrats on the new baby and that Morgan is a precious little girl. I bet she will be a great big sister! And I love the pictures. Ashley did a great job!