Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Our Christmas project





A few months ago, I was in the mood for something new in my house. . I have loved all the black and white floral stuff, but didn't really have a place to put it. So, I decided to put it in my laundry room (well, just one thing, but my laundry room is small so that's all that would fit). I know that's really cheesy, but we're in and out of it so much during the day and it was so blah. I picked up some apple green paint at Lowe's and planned to paint our laundry room some time that week. That afternoon, Dr. Tadvick called to tell me my hcg level had risen so I was probably pregnant. Good excuse for Jason to paint!
He finally did over Christmas and my apple green laundry room is much more cheery than my plain khacki one. I want to paint the cabinets black too, but that will have to wait until Summer, since we'll probably do Slaton's room over Spring Break. I also found the cutest black and white floral tea set on clearance at Hobby Lobby and displayed it on my Baker's rack. Funny thing was, I ran into Melissa and we spent the entire afternoon shopping for things to decorate her dining room. That was fun! Melissa, how did it turn out?

9 comments:

ajphillips said...

I really like the green. Very pRetty!

Shelley said...

WOW!!! The laundry room looks great. It would make me want to wash more clothes :) Love the color and the black and white tea set! So cute...

Melissa said...

Where did you get the tray? I went back to Hobby Lobby the next day- I know I have an addiction - and our trays were right where you left them. I really did have fun shopping with you - we'll have to do it again. The apple green is AWESOME! I love it with your black and white. I'm so jealous that Jason will let you paint your cabinets black - I'd like to do that throughout the house (at least in my bathroom), but all I get is "NO!!". My dining room looks great , thanks for asking. You'll have to come see it - and the other things I found on day 2.

Anonymous said...

I love it. I think I want to do mine in red. I thought the babies name was Payton, but I like Slayton, sounds rich! LOL

Robyn said...

Looks great!! Maybe I need to do that so I will want to spend more time in my laundry room :)

Erica said...

The Laundry Room looks great! I wish I could have shopped with you and Melissa all day. I need to go to Hobby Lobby but am waiting for a day without Campbell Grace because she always wants to push the shopping cart herself and I am so scared she is going to run into something and break it. I cannot wait to see what you are going to do with Slaton's room. Glad that you all had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!

Lindi said...

Okay, your showing me up. I haven't painted my laundry room YET! I've had good reason though, I think we are going to take out a wall and make it smaller. Everybody loves it big but I think Matthew could use the extra space in his room. Anyway, It's adorable and should be a happy space. It is your space after all and it's the perfect green! You are a great decorator!

SanDee said...

Hey Whitney, well I haven't had my blog for very long. Maggie gave me your blogspot also. I really love it. It is a really neat way to keep up. I never really have time at all at church to talk to anyone since I always have to leave right after class to get my kids since my husband is seldom home. Anyway I am so happy about you having a boy. I guess you know Maggie is having a boy also. Boys sure do love their mommies. Boys are very special. I dont know if I will be at church tomorrow since my husband is still gone and it is very hard for me to get up and get us all ready for church by 9:00am. That is not a good excuse, sorry. I shouldn't even have an excuse. HA Chat later.

The Wiemers said...

Looks good. I guess you got out of having to help with this one.JK