We are planning a trip to Destin, FL. Actually looking at Sandestin, FL. We were going to go to Atlantis, but think we may need a little lower key vacay with the craziness of our lives the past few months. Any suggestions?? We're looking at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort (Beachside) as a place to stay. I've done a lot of research and it looks fun for our kids!! Destin is only 10 hours from Midlothian so it's a do-able drive for our kids! We are in desperate need of a vacay after the past few months!! :)
In other fun, I've been doing some shopping for our new home... I ordered these panels from Ballard for our living room and kitchen.
And I ordered these curtains (in latte) for the dining room. I found some other ones on Horchow that I really LOVE, but they were more expensive. So... I'm going to see how these work first! :)
Friday, May 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








8 comments:
I love what you've chosen! I've never heard of Horchow before. I'll have to check it out. I definitely think you deserve a vacation after all you've been up to!
Destin is SO FUN!! If you get the chance, eat at The Red Bar. They have the best crab cakes! I can't remember the name of the little community it's in, but there's tons of cute little shops and stores around it.
Wow, a lot's happened since I last got updated on your blog!! Congrats on your next chapter! Hope Jason is enjoying his new job so far and that your new town becomes home quickly!
Is that a window unit in your little apartment???????? I love window units, I want one for my house....u should take it with you to your new house!!! As for the TAhoe, love it!!!!!!! I can't wait to see more pics of your new house..not much longer..woohoo!!! So excited for you!!! Oh, how is Jason liking Lee???
Your family is adorable!! : )
Hey, I am from that area. There is tons to do with the kids and the hotel in San Destin is awesome. When are you going? There are outlets to shop at and tons of great restaurants. Louisiana Lagnaippe in Destin is great to eat at. I can look into some others places as to where to eat. There is Big Kahunas that the kids will love go to and of course the beaches are beautiful. Wish we were going to be there when your going so we could meet up. Not going there until November and then possibly moving to that area sometime next year Feb- May, not sure when exactly. Oh there is also a "gulfarium" its okay. The glass bottom boat is a nice ride out into the sound and you can see turtles and dolphins, the girls would like that. The captain of the boat is one of my old parents from when I taught before I was married! Destin is crazy busy, lots of cute shops and great places to eat. Stay away from the chains and try the local stuff. Have fun!
We love Destin! We go every year for our fall break. Sandestin is fabulous, but my first pick for our family would be to stay in Watercolor. It's right next to Seaside. It's all new & beautiful, you can bike everywhere, lots of choices to eat & things for the family & kids to do.
Sandestin is closer to the downtown Destin attractions, Watercolor/Seaside is short drive out on famous 30A. I could do on & on, but we just love the smaller crowd & more relaxed feel of Watercolor/Seaside.
While you're there be sure & eat at The Great Southern in Seaside (www.thegreatsoutherncafe.com), grab donuts from The Donut Hole on 98 & you MUST visit the Village of Baytowe Wharf (www.baytownewharf.com) which is part of Sandestin resort on the bay side (great food, shopping & LOTS of fun for the kids...we did the zipline over the big pond there last fall).
You will love Destin!!
Have a great trip!!
Mandy
I hope you have a wonderful trip! You will love Destin. We went there every summer when I was growing up in Memphis, Tennessee. I'm sure it's changed a lot since then!
I just remembered Marla & Shane. If you're looking for a great beach photographer down there...they're work is awesome!
https://www.facebook.com/marlaandshane
Post a Comment