I wanted to make sure I had this sweet story documented on my blog!
Here at the Junior High, each of our classes adopt a CPS child and make sure they are taken care of during Christmas! Morgan saw that one of the teachers was sending notes home about adopting a CPS child, so she came home, decorated a box, drew some pictures, and started collecting money for a "needy" child. This was all on her own! She wanted to take the box to Chilis that night and also go around our neighborhood! :) We told her that would be soliciting and she couldn't do that, but she could ask grandparents, etc. Well, she decided to take the box to school and share it with her class. I wasn't sure what her teacher would say, but I let her ask. I couldn't crush her zest to help a child in need!!
This morning, I had a parent of a little boy in her class call me to make sure he son was telling me the truth. He had come home and wanted to take $5 out of his piggy bank to help "an orphan." She was all for it, she just wanted to make sure he was telling her the truth!! :) I'm so proud that she has a loving heart and can't wait to use the money she collects to help a child who as the note says, "has no Christmas." I'm also glad she realizes that there ARE children who are not as blessed as we are and do need others who are kind and caring to give and love them, especially during CHRISTmas!
As my Principal said when I was telling him this story, "That Morgan is just a DOER!! She is always thinking of something!" Now sometimes that wears me out and it's one of the reasons, we have to keep her busy! ;) BUT... I hope she is always a leader and doer!

And a few pictures from my iphone this week.... our elves are a little mischievous! They got into the toothpaste!
Justin Bieber was at our mall! ;)
Morgan attended a fun tea party on Sunday... more pictures from that later!
Oh' this 3 year old is a mess!!
I hope y'all are surviving December! We have 3 birthday parties in the next week, 2 TOTS performances, 2 basketball practices, a school program, a church Christmas program, Cheer/ Tumbling, gymnastics for Kennedy, my school Christmas party, but there is nothing better than watching my girls participate in all of these things! :)













9 comments:
Oh your sweet M.... Definitely knows the TRUE Xmas meaning! You must be so proud of her!
What a sweet girl!!! That has to make you very proud!!!
What a sweet story! I think Morgan definitly understands the true meaning of Christmas!
That is wonderful, what a kind and loving heart Morgan has.
Your upcoming schedule has just worn me out - night night zzzzzzz ;)
What a sweet sweet girl!!!!!!! You know that you are raising your girls right, awesome!!!!!
What a sweet, sweet story!! It's so good to hear about someone so young understanding the real meaning of Christmas. Sounds like y'all are doing a great job!!
Oh Morgan's story warms my heart, and Kennedy's facial expressions make me laugh! What a sweet post!
Morgan, you make my heart melt as you always have. I am so proud of you and love you so very much.
Kennedy, you just make me laugh at those expressions you have. I love you very much too.
Can't wait to see you all in Olney soon and keep up the good work girls! I know you make your mom and dad proud!
Some seeds have been sewn and some examples have been set for Morgan and Kennedy...and now the fruits are springing forth. For Morgan to take it upon herself and decide she was going to make a difference in someone else's life is truly awesome. This is a direct result of good parenting.
I love her will and her desire to not be afraid and take charge of a situation. She is a leader.
Kennedy Rhee, you are a little elf yourself and cute as a button.
The holidays can get so crazy. I often have to take a deep breath and remember the REASON for the SEASON to get me back on focus.
Love you guys XXOOXXOO!!!
Post a Comment