Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Team Ross 5k

Jason and I ran in the Team Ross 5k for an amazing lady... Kris Ross who has 3 precious kiddos and is battling cancer on Saturday.  I just started running the 2nd week of June.  The first time I ran two miles was the Tuesday before the race and that was at a 12 minute per mile pace. My goal was 11 minutes per mile and each of my miles were right around 11 minutes so I felt pretty good about that.  Plus I never stopped even though I wanted to!  The course was tough with a huge hill right at the beginning!  My final time was 34:39.  Jason ran 3.2 miles in 23:35 and placed 3rd in his age group!  He did great! It was fun and great to support a good cause!  Please pray for Kris and her family!!

Here we are hot and sweaty after the race! :)
 The day before we had dropped the girls off in Odessa to spend the weekend with Gran Jan!  We had a great weekend to ourselves... mostly relaxing and eating out!  I did get to enjoy lunch with Erin on Saturday and was glad to see her and meet her sweet new baby girl! I got this owl dress at Francesca's while in Dallas... Jason told me he liked my "hooters!"  Ha ha!  I'm going to blog about our little trip to Dallas soon! :)

9 comments:

The Wiemers said...

You look so skinny! Cute dress!

Sandi said...

Woo Hoo! You go girl! i wish I loved to run! You looked adorable in your dress

Audra said...

What a great cause.
You're so adorable! Jason's comment about your dress is something that Cody would say for sure! I laughed!

Lauren said...

Congratulations on your run...and for such a great cause! Love your "hooters" dress! Hahaha!

Brandi said...

Liked your "hooters" ...hehe!! Tell him thanks for a great laugh. Wow, your poor friend. I'll be praying for her. And how do u look so stinkin' cute all the time; even when u r sweaty from your run!!!

Amy said...

SO CUTE!

Jill said...

Hoot hoot! I love your owl dress! Lol! I would love to be in shape like you. You look great! I will definitely say a prayer for your friend. I hate cancer.

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

Congrats on running your first 5K!
You are so tan and skinny! You make me sick...so jealous! ;)

Carly said...

I read Hooters,but somehow skipped that your dress had owls on it...lol...Now I get it..Super Cute!