Thursday, February 3, 2011

Kennedy's big girl room!!

Since we were in the house for the 3rd day (and we had a really good day... my girls have gotten along better the last two days than they did the first), we decided to go ahead and get Kennedy's room changed to her "big girl room."  To make a long story short, when I had her baby bedding made, I went ahead and paid for 1/2 of a twin size comforter to be made when the time came so we didn't have to redo Kennedy's room decor.  Well, when I e-mailed the lady to make my bedding and pay her the other 1/2, she never responded.  Her website was also not up anymore (this was only a few months after Kennedy was born).  So, sadly, I lost my money.  For about the past year, I've been thinking about what to do to Kennedy's room... change the decor all together, try to find bedding that goes with her current decor, etc.

I've had my eye out, and saw this duvet cover in Ballard Designs magazine in November and thought it might work, so I ordered it. It was super reasonable and I think it looks cute!  Here's how her room turned out...

When we can get OUT of the house, I want to add some cute pillows from Hob Lob!





 Someone a few months ago asked me where I had this table cover made and I don't think I ever answered you.  Sorry!  Life gets crazy busy during the week sometimes! :)  I didn't have it made... it's totally rigged! :)  It's just a piece of fabric and I glued the fringe on.  I just tucked the fabric under to make it look better!  I know... so "jicky," huh!? 

15 comments:

Lisa said...

THAT WAS ME! =) =) Thanks for answering, I was just about to ask again. HA! No problem at all, I totally understand. I saw that pink fabric at Hobby Lobby and was thinking about how to rig one up myself (I hate sewing). So thanks for the info!!!!

Heather said...

Her new "big girl" room is so pretty! I love the colors.

Maryellen said...

WOW I love that room. I could move into it myself but I'm sure Kennedy wants to keep it.
Great job! It is so whimsy and fun. Grown up yet girly.

Glenna said...

Kennedy's room turned out cute. Did the shams fit the pillows ok? I bet it was a little sad taking down the baby bed.

Stay warm and cozy one more day and hopefully it will warm up and melt off Saturday.

Ashley said...

Wow!!!! The room is absolutely beautiful! Perfectly fit for a princess!!!

~Amy Rose said...

Sooo CUTE!!!

Kim said...

So cute! I am impressed that you could pull that all off today! Actually, never mind, it's you we are talking about...Ha! You are MORE than capable of that! :) Looks great, girlie!

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

It looks wonderful and I love the new comforter. It looks wonderful w/ her other things. And it was awesome that you had a project on the back burner waiting to be done.

I have to agree with Glenna; it is always a rite of passage when the baby bed comes down. Makes it real that our little Kennedy is growing up on us.

You are an awesome decorator.

The weather has not cleared out as soon as we thought and we did get snow but not as much as your guys.

As always thanks so much for sharing what is happening your your world. I love the updates.

XXOOXXOO!!!

Jaclyn said...

i love her room! I love that the duvet is something big girl enough that she can have it for years. It is adorable!!!

ajphillips said...

I saw that bedding in the magazine and thought it was cute. And it matches your paint perfectly!

Jill said...

What a gorgeous room! I think you did an awesome job of making it all match. Very pretty! I bet she looks so tiny in that big bed!

Shanan said...

Her room looks great. I love Ballard Designs. :) She is getting so big!

Liz said...

i just looooove the new room! that duvet is fantastic!!!! i want it. bad!

Heather said...

Beautiful!!! Will you come down here and help me with Mollie's room?!

A To Zebra Celebrations said...

Gorgeous room!! So beautiful! LOVE IT!! ~Nancy~