Wow! What a fabulous trip!! SO. MUCH. FUN!! I'm exhausted now but we definitely lived it up during the 5 days we were there. We went from 8- midnight to pack it all in and didn't miss a beat! It has been an adjustment to get back into the swing of things to say the least!
On Thursday when we left one of my co-workers daughters found out her little girl, Landry had a new "spot" come up on her MRI on a routine visit to Houston. Landry had a brain tumor and had been through a year of of treatment a little over a year ago and was in remission. The Doctors have told them that recurrence does not have a lot of treatment options and the outcome is usually poor so I'm begging all of you to pray for Landry and her family. Pray that GOD will heal her! Work has been sad the past few days... everyone is just really down and heartbroken but also hopeful! Morgan loves riding the bus to the Jr. High and playing after school with Landry and yesterday she told me, "I haven't seen Landry in a while. Where is she?" :( Also, please continue to pray for Rex. His surgery to remove his tumor went well and he is recovering. Please pray that his pain is low and he is healed completely as well!
Ok, now onto our trip! Tons of pictures coming! I will have more to come after all the girls download theirs to our sharing site! :)
My friend, Amber and I waiting to leave the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport! We all got up around 3:30 in the morning!

More of the girls ready to head to NYC!!
The first night in our NYC apartment! Our apartment was AMAZING... it held all 13 of us comfortably! It only had 2 1/2 baths but it never was a problem! Someone said on the way home that we knew we were all good friends b/c we could spend 5 days together and get along really well! What a blessing! Thanks Allison for getting us an amazing place to stay!
Before we headed out on the town! :)
Before we headed out on the town! :)
At the Santa exhibit at Macy's! All 13 of us had our picture made with Santa at Macy's! The exhibit would have been so fun for kids!
Dorothy and I... Dorothy came by train from Washington D.C. She moved from our town a few years ago, so she met us there!
For dinner the first night we had Italian... Carmines! Fabulous! It was served family style and amazing! These are the two desserts we got... Cannoli and Tiramisu!
We went to Wicked on Thursday night!! It was my favorite part of the trip! Amazing! A Must See!! Then we headed out on the town to do some shopping... Times Square!!
The next morning, we went to Bryant Park, ate at Celsius, shopped at Macy's, H&M, Zara (one of my new faves for me and my girls), and many more!
Kelly and I got our picture made with Mrs. Clause for our kids!! :)
I fell in love with this Coach purse... isn't it me? Too bad they didn't have a knock off of this one on Canal Street? ;)
That evening we went to The Rockettes!!
and we ate at Park Avenue Winter! They shut down the restaurant every season and redecorate for the new season. The restaurant was all white with tree branches. I didn't get a picture but hopefully will have one when we share!
Saturday we ate the BEST pizza at Lombardis! Look at this y'all!
The subway wasn't my favorite part of NYC... especially when it got crowded but we did manage to have a little fun this morning when we were some of the only ones on there!
We called it, "This is how we roll... Moms gone wild!" We were all laughing, dancing, and having a blast being crazy girls!
We visited the Statue of Liberty that day... I didn't go out on the ferry (a few of the girls did) b/c it was extremely cold and I had already seen it up close.. After lunch, we shopped a little (our theme of the trip) and visited the World Trade Center site. The site had gates around it and you couldn't see much, but we did go to the memorial they had it was so sad!
We went to Canal Street that evening to go purse shopping! Wow! What fun that was! What an experience!! I also got some Ed Hardy perfume for $20! Whoo Hoo!
That evening we ate at Juniors... yummo!! Here's what Amber and I shared... we had leftovers too!
Sunday we had brunch at at Cafe Lalo from You've Got Mail... look at these desserts!
All 13 of us girls!!
It was REALLY cold on Sunday... we walked through Central Park, visited FAO Swartz, The American Girl Doll Store, Tiffany's, and many other fabulous stores!
We had dinner at Bobby Flay's, Mesa Grill Sunday night... my favorite from the trip! I shared salmon and brussels sprouts with my friend Amber! I can't remember what kind of sauce each had on it but it was decadent!!
So there you have it... lots of shopping, laughing, fun, friendship, and memories made! I would go back again in a few months if I could! The fast paced lifestyle, fashion, glitz, and glamour is right up my alley for a few days! ;) Although, I was ready to see Jason, my girls, and be in laid back, slow paced, good ole Texas!



































14 comments:
What a blast! I so could go there for a few days, like you, but I know I'd be ready to be back in Abilene in a HURRY! :) Looks like tons of fun, what a neat trip, esp with such great friends! Glad yall enjoyed yourselves!
Such fun! Amazing how many of you could make such a special trip! I've only been 1x (to NYC) and cannot wait to go back in the fall or the following fall (when Jon runs the NYMarathon again). Canal Street...I'm writing it down! I loved Soho!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't wait to see your pictures! What an amazing time all of you must have had. I have never been there but would love to go someday.
How fun!!! :) Can't wait to see you in January.
Looks like you gals had such a great time! I've never been to NYC...always wanted to, though.
LOVE the pics!! I so want to go back to NY! Yes, Wicked was the best party of my trip. AWESOME!! How did you like the Rockettes? We are about to see them next weekend in Austin. CAn't wait!!!! How fun to go with a bunch of girls!!!
Oh my gosh, you ladies sure did pack in a lot. Don't think you missed a thing. hah The photo's were all great ! Nothing like "girl-friends" . . .
We will pray for little Landry
Looks like so much fun! I would love to go to NYC one day!!!! I am glad you had a great time!!! Every mommy needs time away sometimes...I have never really been away from the girls and it will probably be hard...but its suppose to be good for you ha!
So glad you had a good time up here. It is an amazing city!
Looks like a lot of fun!! And I think the NY subway looks amazingly wonderful compared to the ones here! :)
Honey--i'm all about that bakery! I may fly there just to go ! HA!
Y'all dressed so good each day--I loved looking at your outfits! And I'm SO GLAD you had a great time!!!
I'm so glad we got to spend time together! I loved looking at your pictures, but I'm glad I didn't get on the subway the last few days!
Girl, I want to go on one of your girls trips with you!! ha!! :) What an awesome trip, you looked fabulous every night! I love all of your clothes! NYC looks fun and overwhelming. I think I would get run over by stopping and looking at everything! So glad you had a great time!!!
How Fun!!! It makes me want to go back :) Glad you all had a great trip!
Post a Comment