Sunday, September 26, 2010

ACU vs. TSU

We played Tarleton last night and won 66-3.  Our good friends (Cary and his wife Shanan) coach there and Cary is in his first year as the head coach so needless to say, I was happy we won, but it was not necessarily fun to win by that much.  We had several breaks fall our way towards the end... a punt ran back, a defensive touchdown, and another defensive interception which put our offense back on the field. Our 2nd and 3rd string were playing but many of their 2nd and 3rd string were playing too b/c they have about 15 starters out including their 1st and 2nd string QB's.  Jason has been a head coach and let me tell ya, it's a whole new world... all the pressure is on your shoulders, and it's HARD.  Cary's Mom has cancer and has had some rough days so please say a prayer for her and their family!

We did enjoy getting together with Shanan, Sophi, and Cari-Bella  before the game and having dinner.  My parents joined us and Kennedy ate like a little piglet!!  
 
 Kennedy was showing off her pink wrist bands... it was "wear pink" for breast cancer awareness at the game last night so Jason gave the girls wrist bands like the players.

Cute little Wildcat and her Texan friends!!

 Shanan and I
 Mallory, Morgan (wearing my Mom's glasses), and Campbell
 Heading to church this morning...


 Morgan took a picture of Jason and I (sorry about the glare) and since Jason was talking about how he's never on the blog since he's never home, I thought I'd put this picture on here!  :)


12 comments:

Shelley said...

Way to go ACU! I love their football smocked dresses :)

Maryellen said...

Whitney that is a beautiful dress you are wearing to church. I love it. I'm getting a bit jealous in NJ not to have a college team to cheer for. I guess I'll have to pick one from another state and go for it. hah

The girls are precious!

Jill said...

Girl, you always look so darn cute and your girls do too! Love that pic Morgan took of you two.

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

Pretty family through and through.....enjoyed the game and thanks for letting us spend the night.

Cary, Shanan and Girls are on my prayer list. So sorry to hear about his mother.....

Have a great week!!!

Heather said...

Way to go, ACU! Love all the pictures of the girls.

Sunday said...

Congrats on the big win!

Morgan & Kennedy are two of the most precious girls ever!

I love your dress in the pic that Morgan took. Very cute! Clint is never on our blog either, as well as myself. I need to get better and post both of our pics. I'm sure our family & friends would like to know we exist, too!

On an older post--your bedroom is just gorgeous and so nice and neat!

Glenna said...

I have never seen Kennedy eat so much in my life, I think she was starving. Ha! This was crazy coming home, your dad got sleepy and I was too so we stopped in Albany and I got some sunflower seeds to help me stay awake and then I drove home. Great picture of you and Jason with the help of your own little photographer. The girls looked cute for church.

Amy said...

It was a fun game! We left when the score was 48-3 (I think) thinking we wouldn't score again! LOL! My Kooper thinks ACU might be a great place for him to play football someday! :) Who knows, maybe Jason will still be coaching there! Technically, it's only 8 years away! (ouch!)

I meant to come say hi before we left but didn't manage to get over! I saw your mom taking the girls to the bathroom and noticed morgan's glasses! haha! I said "hey, morgan got glasses?!" and Jason told me it was weird that I could pick out your mom, dad, and both of your girls and that I knew Morgan didn't wear glasses and I've never even met you! LOL! I guess he's kinda right. This blog world is crazy, but fun! Maybe next time! We bought sports passes so we are planning on coming up A LOT!

Congrats on another great win!

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

Girl--i'm livin' vicariously through you! Your life is way more interesting than mine, LOL!!!

Heather said...

Way to go ACU, awesome!! All the girls look so cute and they always look like they are having the best time!

The Wiemers said...

Go Wildcats! You know this is a split house that we have to root on both teams! haha

Lisa said...

Congrats!
LOVE LOVE LOVE those football smock dresses! Please share where you found it.