Thursday, August 12, 2010

Great week!!

As many of you know, Monday I began my new job.  This has been my first week working a full work week in 6 years!!!!!!  I have to say, I LOVE IT!  I feel totally in my element and our life/house feels more organized and structured than it has been with me at home... I guess b/c we have no other choice. :)

I LOVE my job... it is so, so, so busy!  I look up and it's 3:30 and I wonder where the day went!  This week, I met my new co- counselor.  Both of the previous counselors (one had been there 14 years, one 24) took other jobs in the district so both of us are new. Luckily, they are both still around to answer questions and they are both so helpful! My co-counselor and I graduated high school and college the same year, are the same age, and went to Texas Tech and were Early Childhood majors at the same time!  I love her already!  We all seem to laugh a lot!! :) 

I have to say that I feel so incredibly blessed to work at this amazing school!  It is just the best place ever... everyone told me how great the campus was, but I had no clue!  Both my Principals are awesome and everyone I've met is so positive!  I've been learning the ropes of scheduling, records requests, and much more!  It has just been a very fulfilling week!  I feel like I've even had more energy!  We had new student registration on Tuesday and then a tour of the building from 4-6.  It had been a busy day and everyone was sitting in the office talking about how we were a little tired and my Principal asked me if I was tired and I said, "No, this is not half as tiring as chasing 2 kids around all day!" Ha!

My only problem is figuring out how to get in bed before 11 each night... there's so much to do and I always want to get on the computer for a few minutes once I get in bed.  Then it sucks me in!  :)    

Kennedy started a new, amazing school!  One of her sweet, sweet teachers (K) has already taken her under her wing!  All four days I've picked Kennedy up, she's been in K's lap!  K told me that Kennedy was her "little buddy!"  It was so funny today... when I got there she was crying b/c she had been on the Tumble Bus (a bus that comes to the school to teach the kids gymnastics) and she was upset b/c she didn't want to leave the bus.  The owner of the Tumble Bus, stopped me and said, "She's Morgan's sister, right?"  She had Morgan on the Tumble Bus at Morgan's old school from the time she was 2-4 and she knew she was her sister b/c they look so much alike.  She said, "I remember when you were pregnant with Kennedy, b/c Morgan told us about that all the time."  She had never seen me or Kennedy but knew who she was b/c Kennedy looks just like Morgan did at age 2 when she started doing the Tumble Bus!

Now the transition for Kennedy has been a little difficult.  The first day I took her, she was great... she didn't know I was about to leave her I guess. We had gone to the school last week to play for a little while with me there.  At nap, her teachers said she cried a little as well.   Tuesday and Wednesday she cried when I dropped her of, but today, she didn't cry!!  Yay!  So, I think each day is getting easier. It doesn't help that Jason is in the middle of two a days so he is not home until after bedtime each night (my bedtime too... waaaaay after!!)  Luckily, she's really only there in the mornings and for lunch.  She sleeps 2 1/2 hours in the afternoon and I'm there to get her soon after she wakes up!  The BEST part of being in Education is the hours and summers off/ same schedule as your kids!!

Morgan has one more week off and she starts KINDERGARTEN!  I think she's going to love it!!
So now... one more work day and then the girls and I are off to Shanan's house for a coaches wife girls weekend (with kids)! 

Have a great weekend!!

10 comments:

Audra said...

Glad your week is going well! I am also ready for our home to be on a better routine!
Have a great weekend!

Lauren said...

It's great to hear that your new job is going so well! Sounds like K's transition is getting better each day too! The start of school is always bittersweet. I know they are excited to go back, but I just want to keep them home and in my arms forever. It is wonderful to get back on a different routine though!

Laura Ann said...

It looks like you have found a way to make ALL things work and that is wonderful. It gets easier and easier and you will probably find you accomplish more because you have to be so structured (that is how it is for me in the school year verses the summer). Sounds like you have found a wonderful school home, I would love to know where you are (laurafab@aol.com). Your school sounds like mine and for a minute I had to think, uh did we get a new counselor (ha).

GOod luck and I hope you have a BLESSED school year.

Brandi said...

I'm so glad that your full time job is going so well and that you are loving it!! Awesome!!! Yes, teachers do have the perfect schedule.

Sandi said...

So glad to hear you love your new job. It makes it so much easier when you have wonderful co-workers and principals. Have a great school year.

Heather said...

I am so glad that you are loving your new job! I have no doubt that you will do great at it! I can't wait to hear about Morgan's first day of kindergarten, she will do great!!!

Sunday said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying the transition back to work!

The relay run you mentioned on my blog....can anyone enter? If yes, I would love more info. There are a group of us here that love to run.

Heather said...

I'm so glad you love your new job and that the girls are doing well with the transition. How exciting that Morgan will begin kindergarten! I hope yall have a great school year, and I know what you mean about being in a routine ~ it is so easy to just have fun in the summertime and get out of a routine.

Jill said...

So glad you hear that you love your new job! That is huge! Hopefully little Kennedy will get used to her new routine and grow to love it, as well. Hope you have fun on your girls weekend!

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

I am so glad you are loving your new job! Enjoy your last week before school starts! Almost sounds like you don't need the Spark, ha! :)