Thursday, August 5, 2010

Boys of Fall




I'm loving the new Kenny Chesney song about football!  I remember those days like they were yesterday!  Even though I didn't play football, I was a cheerleader and played basketball, ran track, cross country, etc.  There's just nothing like Friday night lights!  I'm getting ready for football season myself... especially after seeing this video!  Now if Jason could only be home on Sundays! ;)  This year is exciting b/c we will be going to Wylie football games on Friday nights (at least the girls and I will)... we even have season tickets sitting near our friends!

These little football girlies are READY too I think!
Then on Saturdays it will be ACU games. Our schedule this year STINKS... our away games are FAR!  So, we may not make it to all the games.  Can't wait to cheer on my own "Boys of Fall!"  Hopefully it will be a good year for us!

11 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

This was a great clip! I am a sports fan too. And though summer time is my very favorite time of year, I also LOVE fall and all it brings with it...including football!! Great post!

ajphillips said...

Heard that song this morning on my way to work!

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

As long as you make it to the Nov. 6 game!!! I hear ya on being a bad travel year...our only close games are SWOSU and San Angelo. Everything else is 10+ hours!! yuck!!!!!

Heather said...

We are in total football mode already here too! Two-a-days and then regular practices next week, I think. I wish my hubby could be home on Sundays to enjoy it, too!!! He always says it's his favorite time of year, but he is almost too busy to really enjoy it! :) Your girls look ADORABLE and I MUST find a cheerleader outfit for my Avery Kate this season!!!! Have a great weekend!

Laura Ann said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I have added you to my list of daily inspirations because I would love to keep up with your journey. Your girls are adoreable.

Good luck to you as you return back to work full time. It is a balancing act, that is for sure. I have an amazing husband who helps alot and my kids spend alot of time at school with me anytime I have extra duty. We also live a very organized life with calendars, hooks in the laundry room, clothes organized for the week, established routines, early bedtimes and have been blessed to have a private lady watch our kids. This year they will be MDO 5 days a week. Feel free to ask me anything. I love to help other Moms find a way to make it all work.

I just returned to work last week after almost 7 weeks at home, but my kids adjusted quickly.

Good luck to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Great song! I am ready for fall to come to, not because of Football persay, just because it will be so beautiful up here. Have you started working full time yet? Best of luck to you this year!

ajphillips said...

Did you notice that Celina was in the video....we played them when we were so good those couple of years...was Jason coaching in Olney then? Ugh, I don't like them! Jordan has the same thoughts cause they played them in the playoffs one year too...just one of those teams no one could beat.

Lauren said...

Looks like your two cuties are ready to cheer the guys on!

Glenna said...

That even gets me fired up and ready for football. It does bring back memories of all those Friday nights and oh how I loved the pep rallies and watching you girls cheer. Now I am not sure how I will like watching my grandson get hit in a game....guess we will have to see about that. I know those little ones will be there cheering their dad on. I have not heard that song yet until now. I love it!

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

I love the song and I love the video and I LOVE football!!! Whitney I am looking forward to the season as well.

The video makes a great point about having fun and making every play count in football. This is a terrific analogy to life where at every opportunity we need to laugh, have fun, love, and make every day count. Man do I realize this the older I get b/c we have no idea what lies around the corner.

The most important things in life are not things!!!

XXOOXXOOXXOO!!!

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

I just heard that song the other day for the first time and I LOVE IT!