Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ready for Kindergarten...

I can't believe Morgan's Pre-K year is almost over!  Jason and I had our end of the year conference with Morgan's teacher today.  She had given her a Kindergarten Readiness Test.  The test tested Vocabulary, Identifying Letters, Visual Discrimination, Phonemic Awareness, Comprehension and Interpretation, and Mathematical Knowledge. She scored a 34 out of 36, which means she has an above average degree of readiness for beginning Kindergarten.  Her teacher also evaluated and tested her on several domains:  Social Skills, Listening, Speaking, Literacy, and Mathematics.  Under each domain there were more domains and under those domains specific objectives and she met all objectives. She's definitely ready for Kindergarten!

1st day of school
Look at her now!
The strengths and observations section of the test said, "Morgan has been a delight to have in the classroom.  Very happy and willing to work for me.  Social and gets along with others well. Responsible and I can always rely on her to accomplish the task I give her. Ready for K."

Her teacher said the other teachers all wanted her in their class and always had to see what she was wearing!  That cracked me up!  She definitely puts on her best face at school!  Ha ha!  :)    Her teacher also told me that Morgan is VERY social... she loves being around friends and she would get excited about any new project she would pull out for the class to do!

We're very proud of you Morgan and so glad you got to have such a wonderful Pre-K experience!  You had 2 amazing teachers that loved you and I'm so very thankful for that! 

16 comments:

Laura said...

I think Morgan and Alise could be Twinkies!! LOL! Except Morgan's hair is blonder! Obviously by her grades and teacher comments, that's not too shabby (being a blonde!)!!

Maryellen said...

Way to go Morgan !

I love the photo of her with her bookbag. It is bigger than her !
Just adorable . . .

Heather said...

Congratulations, Miss Morgan! You are going to love kindergarten!

Tara G. said...

Hooray, Morgan! And kudos to the parents- well-adjusted, successful kids don't just "happen!"

Audrey said...

She is cute - and it is amazing how quickly they grow!!!

I can see why the teachers would want to see what she is wearing everyday....she is a little fashion queen. You do a great job putting their outfits together!!!

Hope you have a great summer and enjoy decorating your new home.

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

Yay for MOrgan!!! She is ready for "big girl" school!!!

The Gilliland Family said...

Wtg Morgan! I love getting those super great reports from the teachers! Makes you so proud :) I also get confused as to how they can be so PERFECT at school and so TESTY at home. maybe we should have a color chart at home too ;) Now I have to prepare for MIDDLE SCHOOL! Ahhh. I will have one in just 5 days, I know she is going to change so much over they summer too. I should take a before and after summer photo of her! Hope you guys are well :)

Glenna said...

Morgan, I am so PROUD of you and know you will do GREAT in Kindergarten. You are a precious little girl. But hey now, you make me cry that you are growing up way to fast. Your parents are doing a great job raising you. Look forward to watching you in all that you do next year.

Love you so much little princess.

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

Well, well, Miss Morgan!!! First of all....you are growing wayyyyyy too fast for me...I just can't believe that will be Kindergarten this fall.

That being said, I am so glad and proud that you love school and that you are a good student and always ready to learn. Those good traits will take you far in life.....I am so proud of your positive attitude and willingness to try new things--love your sense of adventure.

You are a precious girl and you have a special Mama & Daddy who are raising you and Kennedy in a loving Christ centered environment.

It's almost summer and times for lots of fun, fun, fun, and flip flops and swimming and playing outside, and sleepovers, and vacation and a new house and Joz's wedding....the list goes on and on....

Love you with all my heart!!
XXOOXXOO!!!

The Wiemers said...

She is a little smartie!!! I can't believe she is in Kinder all ready! I guess she is a social bug like her Momma!

MDM said...

Thanks for your sweet comment! I am so happy to be a "follower" of yours! I love your positive attitude and seeing your precious family. My husband grew up in Abilene and we met at ACU, so it's fun to see what you are doing there in pictures, etc.! We get out there a few times of year to see his family. Love that city :)

Love Being A Nonny said...

Just became a follower. Adorable girls.

Heather said...

Alright Morgan!!! She is going to be the most styling girl in Kindergarten that's for sure!! She is a beauty and I am sure she will do great!!!

A To Zebra Celebrations said...

CONGRATS!!! That's awesome! I'd be looking forward to see what she is wearing too...ha! :)

Lesli said...

Yay Morgan!! She is so sweet, love the cute pictures. Ayla will be starting pre k this year and Kaleb will be a senior and I am going to be one big MESS..LOL. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I know you are so proud of her, as you should be!! It sounds like she is more than ready for kinder. She is SO adorable Whitney! I'm like the teachers at her school....I love to get on your blog and see what the girls are wearing :)