Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ready for a tennis match!

Here's my little tennis player this morning before school!  I told her her outfit looked like she was ready for a tennis match!  She's had the best year!  We love her teacher... she blew Morgan a HUGE kiss as she was leaving today and it made me sad to think she only has a month and a half in Pre-K and then she starts "real" school.  Her teacher is a great teacher and makes learning SO MUCH FUN!
Here we are crossing our fingers this morning... more on that later!  Kennedy trying to cross hers was cracking us up!!
I wanted to make a copy of Kennedy's parent-o-gram from school yesterday but I think it may have gotten thrown away.  Her note from her teacher said, "I love having Kennedy in my class.  She is definitely the most verbal of the group."  She's a little talker... today she was reading the book, "Brown Bear, Brown Brown Bear, What Do You See?"  She was saying, "What you see?"  Then she would say the animal.  So cute!  Definitely something I want to remember about her at 22 months old!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Kennedy's bow in that last pic! So cute :)

www.dukeandsarah.blogspot.com

Mandy from Burkett Blessings said...

Ok girl, I tried to email you, but it had came back with a failure notice... so... here's what I tried to send. :-) (This is the email address I tried: wjohsn04@hotmail.com)

Hi Whitney,
Thanks so much for your help! We're going to Dallas in July for our family's summer vacation. We'll have a total of 6 children ages 5, 3, 2, and the rest are under 2, so we're trying to find activities that would be appropriate for those ages and fun for all of us! My brother mentioned going to the Ft. Worth Zoo, Six Flags, and a Ranger's game but we're trying to narrow it down and determine just what is best to do. When I saw your post, I couldn't wait to get more info. So, it sounds like $10 per child (right?). Do adults have to pay to get in? And, the putt putt, build a bear, and art are all extra fees, right? I can't believe the website didn't have any information like this. They had a lot of info about having parties there, but not much else. Any advice you could give me would be great!!! Is is an all-day thing or is 1/2 day enough time? (Oh, I have so many questions! HA!)

Another place I thought of was the American Girls Diner (I think that's what it's called). I know Mallory would enjoy it, but it might have to be a place for just her, me, and my mom to go to on another occasion.

Do you know of any other fun places for kids/families in the Dallas area???

Thanks for your help! You are sweet to give me your thoughts and time.... THANK YOU!
~mandy

If you'd rather email me back, my email is mandy-burkett@sbcglobal.net.

Kim W. said...

As always, precious, precious girls! Has anyone ever said that M looks like Ashley at all? I've thought that several times and never said anything, but she so does to me! Anyhow, hope yall are good. I love your dress, by the way!

The Gilliland Family said...

Adorable! And can't wait to find out what those fingers are crossed for ;)

Val said...

How are they growing up so fast. Maelynn - Maelynn is doing her end of the year pre-K feild trip to the zoo in a couple of weeks - I feel like the time is just flying by - the summer will probably go even faster! How are our kids starting 'real' school already! I'm just a little sad already!

Rachel said...

Cute post!!! Hope you get what you are crossing your fingers for!!!!

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

crossing mine too!!!....thought I don't know for what? : )
Girls are precious, as always!

Molly said...

Haha, I can still hear her singing with Morgan the other night. So cute!!! Crossing my fingers too!

Heather said...

Look at you looking all fit and thin!
We love brown bear brown bear in this house! The girls are so cute, can't wait to hear about the tennis and does crossing fingers have something to do with the house, or a baby?? :)

Michelle said...

I've wondered where you were at. Looks like y'all have been having fun!I'm hoping those fingers are crossed because of your house! Interested buyer?

The Wiemers said...

Good Luck!!!

Erin said...

Love the dress you have on! Kennedy is so cute, I can't believe how long her hair is getting! Yes, you have peaked my interest about the crossed fingers!

Liz said...

What sweeties you have!!! I'm guessing that the crossed fingers have something to do with the paci???? Just a guess! M looks a-dorable in her outfit!!!!!

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

Precious, precious Girls and precious Family........

Thank you God; I love my family and I am so thankful.

Good Luck Whit; keep me posted!!

XXOOXXOOXXOO!!!

Lesli said...

The first thing I thought was that maybe your house sold!! Love the pictures, the girls are so cute as always!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! You look great. Let me know if all goes your way!

Lesli said...

Whitney, every kid that comes over LOVES the car, my niece who is nine plays with it every time she comes over!

Audra said...

I love your black dress-very Audrey Hepburn!

Glenna said...

Keeping my fingers crossed. Look at Morgan in her little tennis suit. She got the tennis racket out of the attic when she was her and hit the ball some. Kennedy is a talker for sure. They both always look so cute and are little sweeties. Best of luck!!!!