Sunday, March 28, 2010

Jocelyn's shower and a trip to Odessa

First off, Kennedy has shown A LOT of interest in potty training. By 20 months, Morgan was fully trained and wearing panties all the time, but it was summertime when Morgan was 20 months and I was not working at all, so we're waiting until the summer with Kennedy so I can get rid of the diapers and and go straight to panties! We did that with Morgan and she was pretty much potty trained in a week... we would like for it to be as quick and painless as possible!  Ha ha!   I feel like we need about a week at home to do that and we just don't have a week right now. I think it will be much easier when Jason can be at home with us to help! :)  With that being said though, she likes to sit and last week while sitting, she pooped on the potty!  Yeah!!!!!
Then she said, "Sissy, sit," so Morgan sat with her! ;)
Friday afternoon, the girls and I headed to Gran Jans for Jocelyn's (Jason's sisters) wedding shower).  When we got there, we went outside to play with the dogs and the girls played and played in this little area in Gran Jan's back yard forever!!!
Gran Jan gave the girls their Easter baskets full of goodies!
After opening Easter baskets, we had yummy ribs and brisket, topped it off with brownies, had a wedding (Jocelyn had the girls' flower girl dresses for them to try on and they were oh' so cute!), and finally made it to bed! 
Saturday we went to Jocelyn's shower!
As you can see, Kennedy was getting a little tired!
Today was church and Morgan has had her friend Mallory over and they have been playing away!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures. Kennedy is just getting so big. Spitting image of Morgan! Glad you had a good time. How did the house go this weekend? Any lookers?

Lauren said...

I'm in love with your girls' outfits...every.single.one! ADORABLE! I also love your shower outfit...and Gran Jan's apron! What a fun girlie weekend! :)

Laura said...

Go Kennedy!!

Ashlee said...

Kennedy is such a big girl!! Cute pictures of you, the girls and Jason's family. Sounds like a fun weekend!!

Kim said...

Okay...I just have to say that you and I are more alike that we even thought we were! 3 out of the 4 outfits that are on your girls, I also have in JK's closet! Ha! Hilarious! We have some good taste, girly! ;) Hope you are well!

Tara G. said...

My youngest has been doing the same and surprised us with a large deposit one evening! I kid you not, I have heard this from multiple people and it worked for us- if you can find a little bike she can pedal, those muscles will be strengthened quickly and she'll train quicker.

Prissy Petals said...

Ooh man...potty training...it will be here before I know it. Miss Morgan and Kennedy are getting so BIG! Brinley has the same little leopard dress with the pink bow and all she does is lick and suck on that bow:)

Ooh and I LOVE the Parade of Homes house ya'll like...don't you love going to those and seeing how they are decorated etc?? Fun!

The Wiemers said...

I love the girls outfits in the first pic. Glad you all had a good and safe trip!

Lesli said...

What a fun weekend and great pics. I dont think my kids will ever be potty trained completely and they are two and three..lol.

Heather said...

Way to go Kennedy!! Such a big girl! THe girls look like they had a blast with all the Easter egg stuff. What a fun family weekend!