Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentines party in the Snow!!!

To celebrate Valentines week, Morgan and Kennedy have dressed in red, pink, or hearts everyday this week!  Fun stuff!  Kennedy must be teething... her shirt is soaked at the top... yes, she has my toothbrush and her toothpaste.  :)
Today Morgan had a class Valentines party!  It was so well organized and fun!  They had breakfast casserole, strawberry shortcake, made a heart pillow (Morgan said hers was for her American Girl doll), made a heart puzzle, and opened their Valentines.  She did get a little sad when she opened her Valentine from Mrs. Findley (her teacher that moved at semester)... if you are reading this Mrs. Findley, we miss you and hope you and your family are doing great!
Kennedy eating her "oatmilk" (that's what she calls oatmeal).  I asked her to show me her shirt and she opened her coat. 
Kennedy had a blast playing in the Discovery room... she of course played in the kitchen and with the babies.
Breakfast casserole and strawberry shortcake!  Jason said, "When did they start serving this at school parties?  All I ever got was a cookie and punch!"
Morgan with her Valentine box- opening her cards.
Morgan and Henry... they both have those cheesy smiles!  :)  So all year long, Henry has had several girls at school that like him, including Morgan who thinks she's going to marry him!  It's hilarious and Henry is just like whatever!   
Today a Mom at the party that I hadn't met before told me that her son "has a thing" for Morgan.  I think it is just so funny at this age.  I was talking to Morgan about it on the way home and she told me, "Yes! He brings me candy and stuff everyday."  Oh' to be a preschooler again!
We got Morgan's dresser in so hopefully we can finish Morgan's room up this week.  In the meantime, here's her nightstand distressed and a few accesssories I have purchased to go in her room.
It is snowing here today... school has been called off pretty much everywhere around!  I'm sooooo ready for warm weather!  I went to Dillards last night and they were having a great 70% off sale.  I bought Kennedy a cute leopard coat for next year for $10, 2 other outfits complete with jeans, a shirt, and vest for $10, and 4 pair of pants, leopard and black and white polka dot (for M & K) for $3 each.  This time of year, I usually start buying clothes for spring too so I don't have to spend a ton of money all at once... it's more spread out. 
I just ordered these from Etsy.  Here's the link... http://www.etsy.com/shop/illiakids?section_id=6593021.   I think the pink and brown one will be the girls Easter dress!  I wish we had a tea party to wear the tea dress to! :)

17 comments:

Liz said...

Ok, girlie, you have to tell me which Etsy shop you got those darling dresses from!!!

What a fun Valentine's Day Party! I'm with Jason - when did they start serving breakfast casserole at school parties??? For Olivia's party tomorrow, they're having heart shaped pizza....cute but I don't know if the $2.50 I gave them was for MY pizza or HERS? Crazy!!!

ajphillips said...

Tell Morgan I want her to come over one day and we'll go pick out material to make her a dress. I want to help her make one all on her own...and design it herself!

ajphillips said...

Tell Morgan I want her to come over one day and we'll go pick out material to make her a dress. I want to help her make one all on her own...and design it herself!

Sunday said...

I love the girls' Valentine shirts--very cute!

What a fun school party--strawberry shortcake, what a great idea.

I love Morgan's new nightstand and all the accessories you have picked out.

We got out of school at 1 today, b/c of the snow. I just wonder if we will start at 10 in the morning...hope so.

I will have to run by Dillard's tomorrow and see if they have any good boy stuff for cheap. Thanks!

Tara G. said...

Whitney, I just love looking at the girls' pictures and their super cute clothes! I think you ought to just host a little tea party! :)

Glenna said...

I really like Morgan's haircut on her. It is so cute. The party sounds great and yes you can just host a little tea party I guess. What great buys. You always find then and I never do. The girls look like they have really grown. I am sooo ready to see them.

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

Adorable girls and what is more fun than celebrating Valentine's Day!!

Love all the pics and can't wait to see Morgan's room!

XXOOXXOOXXOO!!!

Mommy said...

Cute clothes as always! Love the skirts :) Her room is looking adorable. Love the green and black! Happy Valentine's Day!

Lauren said...

Those Valentine's Day outfits are so cute...so are the new dresses!

The Wiemers said...

The girls look so cute in their little outfits! I need to go buy Cooper some clothes for next year if they are on sale. It is snowing like crazy here. People are stuck in their driveways!

Erica said...

Looks like the girls had a great time at the party. Love the furniture you got from out favorite store. I am looking forward to seeing the room in person when you are finished.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness! Those dresses are too cute!! Please post the etsy links!!! And I LOVE how you did Morgan's room! Love the colors and the accessories and everything! You have such wonderful taste!

Maryellen said...

So cute. Loved all the outfits.
How adorable is that little boy bringing in candy. Wooing her already hah Smart little man.

Lesli said...

What a fun party! The girls look as cute as EVER! I can't wait to see Morgans room, I love everything you have bought so far, I am sure it will be awesome! Hope you have a great weekend...oh, I have been doing some spring shopping too while being snowed in all week..lol.

Heather said...

ok girl, I am not even kidding, what is the deal with toothbrushes and toothpaste with our little ones? Mollie is all about it!! Our girls are 2 peas in a pod! We have got to meet up soon!!! Love the girls outfits as always!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What adorable outfits....love your blog...

Audrey said...

Such a cute Valentine Party...and such cute girl clothes. I hope it is in God's plan for me to have a granddaughter one day - so I can shop for frilly dresses and bows!!!

Have a great weekend and Valentine's Day.