Friday, February 12, 2010

Favorite Valentine's Date or Memory

I had to participate in Kelly's Korner Show us Your Life this week.  My favorite Valentines was the first Valentines Jason and I were dating.  He made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and we ended up having a whip cream food fight in his little house in Olney, TX!  It was such a fun time!  Simple but fun!  We had whip cream and chocolate syrup everywhere and both of us were covered. That day was almost 13 years ago!  How can that be?  Time flies...  it seems like yesterday!  Jason's birthday is also on Valentine's Day, so it's a pretty special day around our house! :)

I have to say, a lot has changed since Valentines day 12 years ago, including 2 beautiful, blonde haired girls, and we have been blessed beyond measure!

18 comments:

Val said...

What a great memory!! so fun!!

Ashlee said...

What a SWEET post!! Valentine's is so much fun!!

Tara G. said...

So sweet!

Unknown said...

So sweet! Hope this year's Valtentine's is great, too! :)

Hattie said...

Hi just found your blog from Kelly's Korner. Great first Valentine's Day! You have a beautiful family! Hope y'all have a great weekend & Valentine's Day!

Kim said...

So sweet. I love it. And I always love the pictures of yall; they are great! It's so nice and refreshing when you get to witness marriages being centered around God. Ever since we got pregnant with Jake, I began praying for his future spouse, whoever it would be, and that God would be with her wherever she was, and mold her and make her into who He had her to be, and ultimately preparing her for Jake. And I did the same with Jack and now most recently, Jolee Kate. I pray about it all of the time, because to me, it is THAT important. It may sound cheezy, but in my opinion, the 2 biggest choices in life are who you choose for your Master and who you choose as your Mate. And I think you've made 2 wise choices.

Amy said...

Have a great Valentine's Day! So sweet!:)

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

Whit, what a sweet memory; thanks for sharing!!

As a little girl I just loved Valentine's Day and we always had a school party which we looked so forward to...then to have a son born on Feb. 14th just made the day that even more special. When Jason was a little guy I always made a heart layer cake for his bday.

Time has marched on but it is still great to celebrate the day of love and hearts along w/ a Happy Birthday to the greatest son. My heart is certainly full of happiness for him because he has a wonderful wife and the 2 prettiest & greatest girls. Enjoy your weekend!

Heather said...

Love these sweet pictures! Happy b-day AND valentine's day to your hubby!

Sandi said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Where does the blonde hair come from?

Heather said...

Such a sweet post! I love looking back and sharing the memories with everyone!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend together!

Shanan said...

Cary and I were just sitting here talking about the two of you! I love your wedding picture!!! Tell Jason Happy Early Birthday! :) Hope yall have a great weekend!

Terah said...

Hey friend...tell Jason "Happy Birthday" for me. It's my Mom's b-day too...on Valentines Day!!! I love all the Jason and Whitney pics too...yall are so stinkin cute!!!

Erin said...

Awww...so sweet!

Brandi said...

Yummy!!! And messy of course!!!! Loved the previous post too...fun, fun,fun! Your girls are way cute!! Love their cute outfits. Oh, I buy in advance too!!!

Mandy from Burkett Blessings said...

Hi Whitney! I found your blog through Kelly's Korner and enjoy reading about your sweet family! I'm a Texas girl, too! I live in Tyler - over in East Texas. I especially love reading about your trips to Canton and all your shopping finds! My mom and I try to go to Canton every month and love it so much!!! I noticed that you also go to Dallas a lot and have som fav shops there. Do you have any favs in Fort Worth? I'm going to be going there next week and need to know where to SHOP! From your pictures and posts, I can tell you and I have very similar taste in shopping, decorating, and little girls stuff. If you have a chance, would you please hop over to my blog or leave me an email with any places you think I'd enjoy? I'd REALLY appreciate it!!
Thanks so much!
Mandy Burkett

Mandy from Burkett Blessings said...

I emailed this to you, but wasn't sure if you'd get it, so I decided to post it, too. ;-)
Thank you so much! I know it's strange to get a comment like that from a total stranger, so I appreciate you writing me back. I'll definitely check into the Hulen Mall! I am blessed with a Steinmart in Tyler, but I always got to out-of-town ones, too. I'm glad to know there's one so close to the mall.
Your girls are precious and I really enjoy reading your blog. Oh, and I'm only 40 minutes from Canton, so it's definitely worth the drive every month. :-)
Thank you, again, for writing back.
Mandy

Glenna said...

Happy Valentines Day to you all and Happy BIrthday to a very special son in law. We love you all and hope you have a great day!