Saturday, January 2, 2010

Home Sweet Home!! Just like Dorothy said, "There's no place like home."

After being gone (with a short break in between) for 9 days of our Christmas break, we are HOME SWEET HOME!  We made our final stop on our Christmas road map today at Jason's Dad's house.

We'll just let the pictures speak for themselves on the fun we had there... ha ha!

This was the SWEETEST thing!  Kennedy crawled into Morgan's lap while she was watching a Princess DVD and laid her head on her shoulder. I just about melted and jolted for my camera! Kennedy is our little snuggle bug!  Morgan never cuddled when she was little so we're enjoying all the snuggling we can!



Kennedy loves to sit in her Daddy's lap and play with his zipper or his face! Notice her tongue is out! 



Jason, Morgan, Kennedy, Dee, and Corey (Jason's sister's daughter... she came with Justin and his wife, Brittany).


 
Our family of four!

Notice the tongue again! 

Morgan and Kennedy with Justin, Brittany, and Corey.

Just a few more pictures from our Christmas with Jason's family!  We are so blessed that Morgan and Kennedy have such amazing grandparents on both sides of our families.  Our kids love them "to the moon and back," as Morgan would say! Both of our families are amazing and our kids love their Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins sooooo much!  We had two WONDERFUL Christmases and made many, many amazing memories! Morgan has cried a little tonight (I think she's just tired, even though she slept the entire 3 hour drive home) b/c she has to go back to school Tuesday (she loves school by the way). I think it's hard when everyone's together for two weeks and then you have to go back to the real world!  It's hard for kids and parents alike! :)
 
Poor baby all slumped over in her car seat!
After checking on the dogs, Kennedy went to the "toy closet" at Gran Jans and found her baby, blanket, and diaper bag!  Now onto the stroller!  She's set!

Gran Jan helping Kennedy get her baby all situated!
On Friday night, we had another fabulous meal, Gene cooked.  He grilled the corn with the husks on them and the corn was so sweet!  We also had grilled chicken and twice baked potatoes.  I seriously stuffed myself until I was miserable both nights!

This was the steak, brussel sprouts, (that Jason ATE) and polenta from the night before. Sorry, not the greatest picture.  I should have taken one before we started eating. 

11 comments:

Kim said...

That is so sweet of Kennedy snuggling with Morgan. Jack is our little cuddler, and I love it! Jake is actually getting more and more so as he gets older, but Jack has been from the get go. So, so, so sweet! Hope yall are great, and once again, so glad yall had sweet times with your families. That's the best!

Lauren said...

I love K's huge zebra, etc. bow! It looks like you had 9 great days of travel! It's great to leave home, but it's great to come back too, huh? I am definitely dreading tomorrow (back to school/work routine). I've been just loving having my husband and children home...not having to get anyone up in the dark, cold! :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You ladies all decked out in the leopard look just fabulous!

Laura said...

Whew! I am worn out with all ya'lls travels! But I know you had a blast and a very Merry Christmas! You can just see it in everyone's faces!

Alise has those same exact pink, black and white leggings!

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

Whew! Lots of travels for you guys! We do a lot of Christmases, but not a lot of traveling involved. I'm so glad y'all had FUN though--and you're right, I LOVE ME SOME HOME!!!

Glenna said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun. Glad you are all home safe and sound.

Prissy Petals said...

YUM!!! Those twice baked potatoes look DELISH!!! I'm glad ya'll had a great Christmas:)

The Gilliland Family said...

Cute pics! Glad you guys had a nice Christmas and Happy New Year! I got the Nikon P90, its not super nice like some but its super nice to me and for the picture taking we do :) Its easy to use and does TONS of different things! The price isn't too bad either. It is 12 megapixel and 24x zoom and HUGE upgrade from my little Kodak Easyshare pocket camera! It takes great pics, love it.

Heather said...

I can totally relate to all the travel and just glad to be back home. Whew! Glad you had great visits. Love how Kennedy is snuggling with Morgan, that is the sweetest thing. I have never shot a gun before, my dad want to take me to the range next time I am in town, maybe then.:) Hopefully you and me can get some rest this week!

ajphillips said...

Looks like y'all had a great time. It does feel good to be home! I'm glad those dresses fit. I was a little worried when I saw that I got K a size 12M. Not sure why I did that...maybe the 18M looked big, but glad it fit!

Mommy said...

WOW!! That's a lot of traveling, but how fun! I love the photo of your girls snuggling :) Your black pant suit is fabulous...I want it!...ha! In fact..I want your entire wardrobe...haha!! Gorgeous family you have Whitney! Happy New Year!