Saturday, December 19, 2009

Visiting Santa x 2

One of our sweet neighbors dresses up like Santa and has sat on his porch for the past few nights so that kids can come visit "Santa".  We got to visit him tonight!   It was cold so we bundled up! 


Our neighbor Sari is back in town for the holidays. Her Mom is an Olympic Sprinter.  They live elsewhere most of the year but still have their house here. If I remember correctly, she placed 3rd in the Olympics (for Jamaica) last year. Sari is 7, two years older than Morgan and look how much taller than Morgan she is. Can you say ATHAALETE! She is going to be quite the athlete when she gets older I'm sure! Her Dad is a coach. We enjoy Sari so much b/c she and Morgan will play all day and they NEVER argue!

In front of our porch, waiting on Morgan to go across the street to get Sari.

Morgan visiting with Santa.

Morgan, Santa, and Sari.

Once again, when she got right up to Santa, she wouldn't sit in his lap, but when she was a few feet away, she was Miss Friendly, waving and saying, "Bye Santa!"




One of our family traditions is to go eat as a family, go to the local lights display, visit Santa, and come home and open gifts from one another. We did just that last tonight!

Here Kennedy and I are looking at all the cute light displays!

This is inside the building where they have a little theatre and recreation area. As you can see, Kennedy wanted to touch the displays. :)



Waiting in line for Santa Claus... keeping Kennedy occupied!



Kennedy saying, "Hi Santa, Hi Santa, Hi Santa," over and over! We thought for sure she would sit in his lap!



But when she got up there, she would have no part of sitting in Santa's lap! Of course, Morgan sat in his lap and told him she wanted a sewing machine.



We came home and it was already 8:00 and Kennedy was tired so we let her go to bed and Morgan just opened her gift. She got a Glo Doodle and has been playing with it all morning!
Tonight Abilene High is playing for the State Championship! Go Eagles! We are planning on watching them on TV, visiting Santa in our neighborhood, and driving around looking at Christmas lights in our pajamas.
Videos of the girls from last night... sorry they're sideways! I don't know how to turn them!
Kennedy was saying, "Bye, Bye Santa" over and over! It was so sweet. It's kind of hard to hear on the video! You can hear her sweet little "Santa" at the end of Bye Bye. She had been doing it a ton as we were leaving. While taping this, Morgan was calling the North Pole on the pay phone behind Jason and talking to the Elves! :)

16 comments:

Erica said...

We have that tradition too! I think we are going to try it one day next week. The girls look precious as always. Love the Glo-Doodle. My girls have had hours of fun with theirs.

Tara G. said...

Family is wonderful, huh!?

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

SO FUN!! One of our family Christmas' is tomorrow.....then we have 4 more before the "season" is over........just got home from Disney today and I'm tired already. Is that a bad sign?
On a side note, so glad the little one's x-rays came back good!

Lauren said...

Looks like such a great family tradition! Wonderful memories! Your zebra shirt is too fun!

Maryellen said...

Such a beautiful family.
I love the sewing machine . . .
She is precious . . .

ajphillips said...

Y'all should have gone to Santa's Lane on Thursday...I volunteered as an elf! I think the top "want" for this year is a laptop! Even a 5 year old requested one!

Tara G. said...

Whitney- Hanna Andesson has their cute animal print lunch bags and accessories on sale. Thought of you.

Laura said...

Hi! I'm not quite sure how I got here, but I wanted to say how much I love your blog! Your girls are adorable and I love your sense of style! Merry Christmas!!

Laura
Louisiana
www.thehortonfamily.blogspot.com

Paige said...

Your little ones have such adorable outfits and take the sweetest pictures! I love your zebra shirt also!!

~Amy Rose said...

Too cute!! Your girls are precious....and Kennedy in those little Ugg boots is adorable!! It so much fun at that age at Christmas! My kids have outgrown all of that....but I force them to play aalong! LOL!

Betsy said...

Awwww...your girls are so cute! I love going to look at lights, too. That is one of my favorite traditions!

The Gilliland Family said...

Cute! Emma is friendly to Santa from a distance too ;)

Heather said...

Love these pictures of the girls with Santa!! How fun not to have to wait in any long mall lines!! I love your green suit girl, so cute!

Sunday said...

I just love reading your posts! Y'all do the neatest things. I love the family pic of y'all at the light show--just beautiful. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Glenna said...

Such sweet pictures of you all as a family and the girls are so cute seeing Santa and all bundled up. Isn't it fun having Christmas traditions!!!! Thanks for sharing your fun through your pictures.

annalee said...

those videos are precious! such sweet voices!