We won 47-35. It was 42- 21 (I think) going into the 4th and we let them score several times to make it 47-35! Offense played lights out amazing! So proud of them!
Guess what... ACU (going into the game) had the
#1 RUSHING DEFENSE IN THE NATION!
#1 RUSHING DEFENSE IN THE NATION!
That's in all of D2 football played in America! Whoo Hoo! Going into the game yesterday, our opponents were averaging just 32.6 rushing yards per game!
I was scared going into this game! My stomach was in knots and I feel like I've been holding my breath for the past few weeks! It was nice to enjoy a win, but it's back to the gridiron and I'll be holding my breath until our game is over on Saturday. It's another must win for the Wildcats!
Ok, for the numerous pictures...
Morgan and Cydni... Cydni's Daddy was our QB last year and they have another little girl just a few months younger than Kennedy.
Before the game we went to eat. Here's Ashley and Kennedy walking around to the front. Dad, Kennedy, and Morgan had been playing behind the building!
Mom and Morgan
Gran Jan and Kennedy... you can see the back of Kennedy's shirt! Jennifer, I'm definitely going to buy some of these shirts from your Mom next year! I love them!
Pa Paw and Kennedy
Morgan and I
Kennedy was taking pictures with my old camera. She would hold it up to take a picture and say, "Cheese."
I got these pictures off the Abilene Reporter News site. Here's our QB. He shaved his head this week... his hair was down to his shoulders! I think that did the trick! Ha! Mitchell put the best hit on a Javelina defender! He made a block for our running back and it was awesome!
One of our fullbacks, Justin Andrews and Matt Webber. Matt's Grandma sits near us at games and is the sweetest lady! She is a writer and wrote an article about Matt and his best friend, Bradley (who goes to ACU and helps Jason coach). She wrote some very nice comments about Jason in the article. His younger brother goes to school here too and his grandma asked me what kind of influence Jason was having on him b/c he was at the game with a purple mohawk, shirtless, with ACU written on his chest! I love that kind of spirit!
Fred and Ashton getting a sack! Sacks are my favorite thing to see (besides a touchdown)! Fred had an incredible game... 9 tackles!
Kevin Washington and Casey Carr (I think)... Kevin is a transfer from Notre Dame. He graduated from there and is working on his Master's degree at ACU now. He will knock your socks off! He put a hit on a QB a few weeks ago that was unbelievable!
Sorry to bore you with football, here's the fun stuff!
Because the game didn't end until about 5:00 and the hayride was taking off at 6:00, my Mom came home and go the girls ready! Thanks Mom!















20 comments:
They look so cute! Sorry we missed you guys last night, but it looks like you all had a great time. Talk to you soon!
Way to go on the win! And #1, that is awesome!! The girls look too cute in their costumes! Glad ya'll had a great weekend :)
I love that Kennedy is eating string cheese in her picture!!! I think you are going to have to get that girl some counseling b/c I'm pretty sure she has an addiction!!! :) Just let me know when you want some more shirts and I will make you some. I've perfected my technique now, so it shouldn't take me near as long to make them next time.
The girls were absolutely adorable in their Hallowwen constumes. Hope you had a great time at your party.
Great job Cats!!! A victory is always the best and we played so well. The offense was hitting on all 8 cylinders and our defense was as stout as ever. Let's do the same next week!!!
As always it is wonderful to spend time with you and everyone at the game.
XXXOOOXXXOOXO!!!
Your girls look so precious! I just love all of their outfits. And, I LOVE your football enthusiasm... what a great sports wife you are! I bet you make your hubby so proud. His own personal entourage of precious cheerleaders!
Oh yes, and I forgot to say... that Target, is for sure, our happy place too!! I asked Carson the other day what we should name the new baby... and he said, "ummmm, baby Target?!"
They look really cute in their costumes!!! I think Morgan really looks like Ashley in that one picture on the hay ride!
YEAH A.C.U. Maybe they are back on track now :) The girls look so cute!
The girls looks so cute! I love the pic. of Kennedy eating corn on the cob!!!
The girls look adorable in their costumes!! Congratulations on your Defense and the win!!! Tell Jason to STOP those Mustangs on Saturday! :) I will be rootin' for yall!
First of all, glad ACU won! Morgan told me, now everyone will be scared of me. It was so funny, Kennedy just kept staring at Morgan after we dressed her up. I don't think she could figure her out. Kennedy looked so cute as a cat. It was fun getting them ready and they both turned out cute. Glad you all had a happy Halloween.
Whitney the girls look so cute! I love their costumes! I got the girls leopard cats outfits at gymboree. So glad you had a great weekend!!
congrats on the win - love the girls costumes - I so wanted Beclynn to be a cat, but she just kept picking Minnie Mouse - it still turned out cute - I'm hoping for the kitty cat next year!!
Whitney! They look so cute! Go ACU!!
what cutie pa-tooties!!!
They look cute, but I think Morgan looks like a mean witch, rather than a nice one! Don't tell her I said that though!
It was good to see you at the Turners. Your girls are precious. Have a wonderful week.
Congrats on the win!!! The girls looked so cute in their costumes:) We went to Andrews this past weekend and were behind the A&M Kingsville buses when we got into Abilene-I thought about you:)
Have a good week,
Kim:)
Whitney...I love the girls costumes! So cute. And I love that you said Target is yalls happy place. That cracked me up; I so have said the same time I don't know how many times. Jake always asks if we can "go do Darget." Ha! Hope yall are great.
Your girls looked adorable for Halloween! I love the cat costume and would like to do that for next year :) However, my husband wants to do the "Incredibles" as a family..haha! Not sure about that yet! Oh..I wanted to let you know that when I first visited your blog was when I saw your daughter's zebra party. I just had one for my oldest girl who turned 4 a few weeks ago. Thank you for sharing about the plates/napkins from hobby lobby. I got them for my party too! I LOVE your blog! Have a wonderful day!
Post a Comment