Monday, October 12, 2009

Wildcats are ranked #1 in the NATION for the first time ever!

I think this is a really cool picture... I will tell you the story behind this flag soon! The players carry it out with them before each game! http://acusports.com/news/2009/10/12/FB_1012094105.aspx

I think this is such an honor and GOD deserves the glory! Like I said earlier, this is simply a national ranking. It's the regional ranking and the outcome of the next 4 games that matters, but it's still fun! At this point in the season when the days are long and each week is a grind b/c you know what kind of competition you face, it's nice to get a little recognition for our team!

Also Fred Thompson who is practically our adopted son (ha!), won LSC defensive player of the week! http://acusports.com/news/2009/10/12/FB_1012090510.aspx Jason always says that GOD didn't give us any boys b/c we have 50 of them already! Ha ha!

But he did give us these two cotton headed girls...



Ganna kept the girls this weekend while I went to the game and they enjoyed making cookies for everyone and going to two fun birthday parties! Ganna said it reminded her of our childhood days!

16 comments:

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

yay! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelley said...

Way to go, ACU! Just in time for Homecoming :)

Lea Liz said...

So awesome!

Your little girls are just adorable!

The Wiemers said...

That is so cool!!! Let's just keep it that way!!! Love the pic. of the girls. They are precious. Miss Ya'll. Give the girls a kiss for me!

Shanan said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!!! I wrote on the MB earlier that it was so good to finally see an LSC team at the top.
Talk about grind....Cary said that he talked to Jason all the way home late last night about how fast ENMU played. He said breaking down one game was like breaking down two b/c all of the plays that they ran.
I am going to have to get on the ball and find a kid friendly place for us to meet next Saturday. We are going to have tons to talk about!!!! :)

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

Way to go ACU!!!!!

Way to go Ganna, Morgan and Kennedy!!! Those Jack-o-Lantern cookies look great!!

Jack found pumpkins at Westlake hardware. Tell Morgan we are going to be doing some carving Thursday evening!!!

XXOOXXOOXXOO!!!

~Amy Rose said...

CONGRATS...CONGRATS!! That is AWESOME!!

Val said...

Congratulations!! How exciting!! Love love the girls outfits of course!!

Kim said...

Well, I am VERY proud of my Alma Mater! Yay, WILDCATS!

And love the pictures of the girls. SO CUTE!

PS. Is it okay to admit that I bought that dress a few weeks back for Jolee Kate who is NOT even BORN yet!? HA! I know you know me well enough to believe it though! Got a 12M...I just couldn't pass it up for next fall/winter! Ha! Love the leggings you have underneathe though...where'd you find those? You may have to save K's for JK! :)

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

Congrats!! So excited about this weekend...must admit I am nervous as all get out about it though. I already have knots forming in my stomach just thinking about Saturday.

I'm going to have to use the we don't need boys b/c we already have a ton of them on Billy one of these days. Ever since we started dating he's always said he wants an offensive line and I've always said that that was fine as long as I got one cheerleader out of the deal. At the rate we're going, who knows how many we'll end up with.

I am at work right now, but I'll write a post about what I made for the guys when I get home in the morning.

Heather said...

God have you 2 beautiful girls!! Congrats on #1!! These pics are so cute!

Michelle said...

Way to go! Congrats! And what cute lil' girls God did give you!!

The Gilliland Family said...

Oh yay!! That is awesome and exciting! And dang, girl I love those outfits your little ones are wearing, do tell ;)

Whitney said...

Amber... Target! $12.99! Meredith, I accidentally rejected your commented! I do this all the time and it makes me so mad that you can't get it back! Ugh!

Erin said...

When I heart that Grand Valley lost I knew ACU would move up! That is awesome, congratulations.

Leah said...

YAY Wildcats!!! And what adorable outfits on such cute girls.