Saturday, October 10, 2009

ACU vs. ASU

We won 38-14! We played Angelo State, which is Jason and I's alma mater! Jason played football there for 5 years and also went back and GA'd there while working on his Master's degree. During his Senior year, his best friend, Greg, a NFL prospect linebacker on the team left Jason's house late one night after a tough loss to drive to Austin and fell asleep at the wheel causing his car to flip numerous times. Greg's death was soooo hard on Jason and Jason blamed himself for a long time (I think he still does sometimes) because Jason was the last person to see Greg.
Jason's Mom told me that before the game (before I got there) Jason was sitting on the sidelines and he motioned her down there and tears were streaming down his face and he said, "I just look out there and I can still see Greg standing there in his uniform." Ugh! I can't stop crying about that! I hope Greg's looking down on Jason and smiling at him tonight!

If you want more game detail and stats, you can go here... http://acusports.blogspot.com/! It's our ACU sports blog and I love to read it each Saturday night!

Before the game, our trainer's wife, Megan and I went shopping at The Sassy Fox and Rattle Dazzle and met Erin and Rylan for dinner at Cheddars! We had a fun visit and I got to hold Rylan who is the sweetest cuddler ever!

Grand Valley, who was the #1 team in the nation got beat tonight by an unranked team, so that means that ACU should move to the #1 spot in the nation! Ok, that really doesn't mean anything, b/c there are 4 more tough games to play, but it's still fun! And I definitely need some fun right now! :)

These pictures were from last night at dinner! Since the girls weren't going to the game (my Mom kept them... thanks Mom!) we dressed in purple. Morgan was telling everyone it was her Bernard Scott (#3) shirt!





13 comments:

Val said...

That is so cute - it is always cute when the girls identify with the players. Maelynn's favorite player just happens to be the Quarterback - but not because he is the Quarterback - that means nothing to her - it is because he did a puppet show in her class at Sunday School one Sunday - so now he is her favorite! I always tease him in front of the rest of the boys about Maelynn's wants another puppet show - he doesn't seem to mind - I think he liked doing it just as much as the little kids liked watching.

Lauren said...

The girls look so cute in their purple! Love that you got BOTH of them in hair bows! So cute!

Leslee said...

Soooo cute!!!

Shanan said...

Congratulations on your win!! (And the ranking!!) That is awesome!! I never knew that story about Jason and his best friend. I started crying when I read it. I know that must be so hard everytime he goes back. I will be home all day, so I will have to email you about our night! :)

Shelley said...

Way to go, ACU! Thanks for the updates :)

mondie said...

I think one of the greatest things about a man is a tender heart. Jason is a tender heart and how neat that he turned to his mom. The girls are precious. I would love to see them. I promise you that I thought that last picture ws Morgan. sometimes they look so much alike. I need you to show me how you wear your scarves.

Kim W. said...

That is such a sad story. I bet that is a tough reminder everytime yall go back to ASU to play. On a positive note though, the pictures of Jason and the girls are SOOOO cute! They are great! And ofcourse the picture of you and the girls...Jason's 3 beautiful girls! Hope yall are well!

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

I don't know what time I will get there on Friday. There are lots of variables that play into that!! :) The biggest being whether or not one of my girlfriends is going to get to come w/ me or not. Once I have an idea I will let you know. We are going to paint pottery on Friday since they are open until 9 that night. It was 32 degrees when the game started and just got colder!!! I'm rooting for lots of sunshine in Abilene on Saturday.

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

I am sooo glad y'all won, thats awesome! What an awesome feeling to be coaching and play the school you played at.
But how sad for Jason! That breaks my heart!!!

The Wiemers said...

They look so cute in their little jeans and tennis shoes!

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

So I must be totally stoked about meeting you b/c two nights in a row now I have dreamed about meeting you. Both have been really weird dreams, but both have involved getting to meet you! Makes me laugh!

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

In one dream we were like 65 meeting for the first time, and in the other we were at a Broadway performance of Mama Mia! Weird I know.

Glenna said...

Morgan ran out to me when I got there and said whose # is this, #3 (B. Scott). It was so cute.

Glad Janet was there for Jason. Poor guy, I am sorry that that is still so hard for him.

I had a blast with the girls. Seemed like old times with you girls.