Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!

* Edit- Just wanted to add a few pictures from Morgan's birthday celebration tonight! *






WOW! Where have the last 5 years gone? Morgan is 5 years old today and so excited! She already had a pedicure/flip flop birthday party (see here), but we will celebrate today again! I bought her a couple of little presents last night. We bought her new bedding but will wait until we move into a different house b/c her room would have to be repainted. Jason and I put streamers in her doorway last night after she went to bed and decorated our kitchen table with balloons and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY banner. She was pumped about that this morning!

I wanted to share a few of my favorite pictures and some things I love about Morgan...

Here she is at 5 years old...In the past year and a half she's become a big sister and I think she enjoys being a big sister MOST of the time! Ha!
On the day we brought her home from the hospital...
Loving on Kennedy and Daddy at the hospital...
30 weeks in the womb...

Proud sister and Kennedy was already looking up to her...
15 months...
At 5 years, Morgan...
* LOVES art and writing... when she gets home from Pre-K she will get her notebook out and write letters over and over. She loves to write her name. She is very good at coloring. I can tell she is going to be a perfectionist when it comes to her work. She already stays in the lines VERY well!

* Loves to watch Little House on the Prairie and play Little House with her bonnet and apron.
* Loves her friends and wants to have someone over all the time.

* Is fearless about most things!

* Loves to wear dresses!

* Hates to put on lotion!
* Can count to about 50.

* Knows all her letters and sounds.

* Loves to write letters and ask me what word they spell (usually they don't spell anything).

* Is still VERY strong willed... I hope this will come in handy when someone tries to get her to do something she shouldn't in high school! ;)

* She told me last night that she wants to be a nurse (they are learning about community helpers at school).

* Is an animal lover! She asks me almost every day if she can have a dog! When we're outside riding bikes at night, she stops and pets every dog that someone is walking! She just absolutely LOVES animals!
Follow your dreams sweet girl!

27 comments:

Val said...

So cute - she sounds so much like Maelynn - wish we lived closer together - I bet they would be best buddies!

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

Happy Birthday Sweet and Dear Morgan!!! You are such a joy and I am so proud to have such a wonderful granddaughter.

M is for a very motivated young lady.

O is because you are so outgoing.

R is because your interest are so rounded. You are such a little lady but you also love being outside and you enjoy sports.

G is for your genuine goodness through and through and your big heart.

A is for a good attitude. That will carry you far in life.

N is for being nurturing. You love animals, you love to play babies and you are protective of your little sister.

All of these qualities and more make up the most special little girl. Happy Birthday and enjoy your special day. Glad I got to talk to you before you headed to school.

Love you with all my heart!

Lea Liz said...

Happy Birthday pretty little girl!! I am already realizing how fast they grow up!! She is soo cute!!! Happy Happy BIrthday!

ajphillips said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy SwEeT MoRgAn GaYle! We LoVe YoU!

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

Happy Birthday Morgan!!! 5 is such a great age!!

The Gilliland Family said...

How sweet! Happy bday to your sweet girl, hope she has a great day!

Glenna said...

Happy, Happy Birthday my sweet little Morgan. I love you with all my heart. We all have big plans for you and know that you will achieve each and every one.

Gana and PaPaw love you so much and wish you the best day ever. We will call you this afternoon when you get home.

Tara G. said...

I read in an Elizabeth George book once that she looked at every year as wonderful and I have to agree- each year is my favorite! You're going to love 5! She has the brightest eyes!

Unknown said...

awww... love all the pics! Happy birthday to the big 5 year old!!! :)

Lesli said...

Happy Birthday Morgan, you are such a cutie and your flip flop party looked like so much fun!! What a great idea!! Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!

Jackie said...

Happy 5th Birthday Morgan!! The pictures are so cute & time does fly too fast!!!

Leah said...

Happy birthday sweetie. I saw her today at ACS. She's SO pretty and was holding her friends hand.

mondie said...

Happy Birthday Morgan. I slipped up and did not get her a card mailed. It does not seem possible that she is already 5.

The Sweet Life said...

Happy Birthday Morgan.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday to Morgan! Loved the picture recap. She is so cute. And I loved reading all about what she's into right now...pretty much ALL girl! And I love that she loves to wear dresses...I wonder why!? :) Ha! Hope yall are great! Miss seeing yall!

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

I didn't see what the mom did/said because I picked up my stuff and left, but the other girls said she basically threw a 2 year old like tantrum and said that that wasn't the last I would hear from her, but she certainly didn't have anything to say to me, when I was standing in the middle of all the o-line guys after the game and she walked by.

DylKat said...

How sweet:) Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! I love that top pic of her...the outfit is fabulous!!

Shelley said...

Happy Birthday, Morgan :)

Michelle said...

HaPpY bIrThDaY MORGAN! BIG 5!
She's adorable!
LOVE Gran Jan's comment-CUTE!

Lauren said...

Happy birthday to your sweet girl! I love the pix! Aren't celebrating your babies' birthdays just the best? :) You have such a beautiful family!

Ashlee said...

Happy Birthday Miss Morgan!!! She has such a cute little personality, love all the pics!!

Terah said...

Oh...how the times does fly! What a precious girl you have on your hands...and I know you are one proud Mama! Happy Birthday Morgan...eat lots of cake!!!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Morgan!!!

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

Hey--I was going to tell you, check out my mom's etsy site one of these days and let me know what you think. I think you just have to search B creative designs. She makes kids clothes. Also, do you like the pillowcase dresses like Morgan has on in the picture w/ her birthday cake? And do they work well over long sleeve shirts or turtle necks? Tell Miss Morgan than nursing is a WONDERFUL career and I'm sure she would be a GREAT nurse.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Morgan!! You are a beautiful young lady and loved by so many!! Love all the pics and she is gorgeous!

the tichenor family said...

Happy birthday to your sweet girl! Always a doll...

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

Good Luck tomorrow. Hope ya'll end the day undefeated.