Sunday, September 13, 2009

ACU vs. TX A&M Commerce

Ft. Worth Start Telegram What a game! A little too close for my comfort, but it was exciting to say the least. One of these days, I hope I can sit and watch a game with Jason and just cheer them on and not have to be nervous or scared to death like I was at this game! :) We won in overtime 20-14. Our defense played so well and we had shut them out and only allowed 120 yards of offense until the fourth quarter and our QB threw an interception on Commerce's end of the field and they ran it back about 15 yards for a TD! :( I was so sad, b/c I was really hoping for a shut out! That's how us defensive people think... right Shanan, Brandi, and Erin! Then with 30 seconds left in the game, Commerce drove the ball down and scored to tie the game.

We really outplayed them and the score wasn't as close as the game really was in my coach's wife opinion, ha! We had about 375 yards of offense and they only had 180, but everytime we would get close to scoring or would be driving, we would turn the ball over or get a penalty! We moved the ball on them pretty well all night, but penalties and turnovers hurt us! You gotta give it to Commerce too, they never gave up! They had a great team that fought to the end!

So, it's in overtime and they get the ball first (in college each team gets the ball on the 25 yard line with a chance to score). Commerce's QB threw the ball to a reciever, and our Corner Back, Drew Cuffey, picks it off for an interception and runs in back 85 yards (with the help of some awesome blocks from his teammates) for a touch down and we win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting! The fans were going nuts!

The atmosphere at the Cotton Bowl was so fun (except for $10 parking and $6 cokes)! Ha! I had never been in that stadium. There were about 8,000 people at the game and we had a good turnout especially when it was pouring! Luckily, the top of the stands were covered so we didn't even get wet! Jason talking to his players...

It was pouring, so yes, I wore galoshes! And yes, they are ugly! I wanted leopard but they were $10 more, so I opted for the ugly cheap ones!
Jason in his rain suit!

10 comments:

mondie said...

I have been checking to see how it turned out. Congrats. You can accessorize the boots can't you?

Glenna said...

Way to go ACU!

~Amy Rose said...

CONGRATS on the BIG win!! That is AWESOME! We have a hometown boy that signed with ACU this spring. His name is Ben Howard. He is red shirted this year. GREAT, GREAT kid! He was a mentor to my son...and we were so happy to hear he got signed! He was a linebacker in HS. We miss having him this year sooo much! Not sure what he will play at ACU. We will definately be going to root him on when he gets to play! Sounds like an exciting game....LOVE college football! GO WILDCATS!! And, good luck on the rest of your season!!

Danny and Beverly said...

Just found out the score this afternoon. What a game! Proud of the Wildcats and Jason's defense. Glad you got to play in the Cotton Bowl where so many great games have been played.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome game. You should be a sports announcer, I understood everything! HA! Where did you get those ugly golashes, I need a pair for when I go to Ohio this winter! HA!

Kim W. said...

I have to admit, I am a little shocked you didn't spring for the leopard ones. ;) Ha! Anyhow, glad yall had a good time. Football, cooler weather, and time with family...all great parts about this time of year! Have a good week, girly!

ajphillips said...

Happy for the wiN!

Lauren said...

Congrats! I'm loving the pix of your rainboots! Too cute!

The Whitecotton's World said...

I am cracking up because that was probably something Jason wouldn't think you would 'hear' about. It was pretty funny though!

Glad you had a great time! Sounds like the bottled water/cokes and food where I was all weekend.

The Wiemers said...

I am glad ya'll got to come. I love seeing the kids playing together. It is soo sweet.