Saturday, August 1, 2009

Whew! Busy Day!

Forgot to post pictures of my house all ready for the shower...
* Edit * Pictures from the shower!

Morgan, Macy, and McKinley played during the shower. I snapped this picture after McKinley left. Morgan and Macy were stylin and sweatin... it was only 100 degrees outside and they had on hats and gloves!Megan's table... Kelly bought the beautiful Gladiolas and Erica bought the cute cupcakes. Megan's colors are brown and pink and so is Kennedy's room so we used things from her room to decorate with. I forgot to get a picture of Megan!



We had a VERY busy day! I'm having a baby shower at my house for our athletic trainers' wife, Megan, and we've been busy today getting ready. I've needed to paint my baseboards for the last year! How is it that our house is only 3 years old and our baseboards have already gotten scuffed, etc. I painted all the baseboards and touched up the doors, cupboards, etc. all day today as well as did some deeper cleaning than usual. Having nice, white baseboards feels and looks soooo good! Although, I wish they were painted an ivory color instead of white. This needed to be done before we put our house on the market this coming December so I'm glad it's over with. Jason helped as well... he mowed, vacuumed, and mopped!




We decided to take a break for dinner and to spend some time with the girls! We went to Chilis to enjoy the 2 meals for $20... again! Then we came home, played outside, Morgan had a neighbor friend over, and after Kennedy went to bed, we were back at work cleaning windows. It's 10:00 and we're finally done! Yaaaaaay!




These are the cute Bonnie Jean dresses I bought at Dillards for $7! And, yes, I went back yesterday... go to my other blog to see the rest of my bargains! Their deals were just tooooo awesome! We put Kennedy down on the sidewalk when we were leaving Chilis and her arms went up and off she went as fast as she could! She is getting really fast and her little waddle is so cute!






We had Chocolate Paradise Pie for dessert... I think Morgan liked it!

And by the looks of the chocolate running down Kennedy's face, I think she liked it too!



As you can see, Kennedy has her cell phone. She loves phones! She'll grab them, hold them up to her ear and say, "Hieee!, Hieee, Hieee" over and over! Or she'll say, "Hi Dadda!" Today we were singing "na, na, na, na, Elmo's World," and she started singing it. Morgan loved Elmo when she was 1 1/2- 2... but he was "Nelno" to her!






It was cracking us up. Kennedy would look at the camera and as soon as we would snap the picture, she'd look at Morgan!





Same here... we actually had about 4 pictures with Kennedy looking at Morgan and none of her looking at the camera!





I'll hopefully add pictures of the shower tomorrow!
I also want to give a shout out to Jason... he made a goal to run 150 miles in July and he made that goal 1 day late... August 1st! I wish I had his will power. It's now midnight, and he just got home from his run!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

UNBELIEVABLE...I PAINTED MY BASEBOARDS TODAY TOO!! Everything looks so crisp and new now!

Can't wait to see pictures of the shower.

LOVE the $7 dresses! WOW, $7!

Did Morgan take her dog with her inside Chilli's? Carli has a love for dogs and she normally has one with her when we go places.

Tara G. said...

Whitney, you and the girls look simply precious! I just went through the girls' closet again today to make sure I didn't need to do any shopping before we move (nice excuse, huh?!)...

Kim W. said...

Those dresses are so cute! Even cuter on the girls than on the hangers! :) Looking forward to seeing you next week! But if you come over here, don't look closely at my baseboards! Ha! They could use a little touching up, but...nah! ;)

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

Way to go Jason!! That is awesome.

Where are ya'll moving? Good Luck with the baby shower, how fun!

The Whitecotton's World said...

I need my baseboards painted too! Mine are different colors if you ever decide you want to paint some more, come on over!

Tell Jason congrats. I am lucky if I put in "5" miles for the month of July.

Also, if you haven't had the White
Chocolate dessert at Chili's, I tried it the other night when Tim got it. Pretty good too! I am not a chocolate fan though.

Lauren said...

Keeping baseboards and trim up-to-date has really helped our 10 year old home look fresh and clean!

Love the girls' dresses! They are adorable in them!

And kudos to your husband! My husband is a runner, but only 150/month when in "training" mode! Does your husband run marathons?

The Gilliland Family said...

This cracks me up! Sound so like me...painting baseboards and touching up before everyone arrives, Ha!

I know the shower pics will be so cute!

Heather said...

These pictures are so cute! I love the girls matching dresses! I may be coming to Dallas at the end of this week, if not then Emma and I are going to try and go around the 14th of the month! I need your help at my house girl!!

Lauren said...

Hi! Here's my "Corn on the Cob" cupcake recipe:
1. make white cupcakes (box)
2. add canned white frosting
3. add Jelly Belly jelly beans. I used pineapple, lemon, buttered popcorn, and a few others that looked like corn. I just add corn on the cob holders to the ends! Easy and yummy!

My father in law farms and we have been eating a lot of sweet corn lately...thought this was perfect! :)

ajphillips said...

oh my....that dress up picture is too funnY!

Glenna said...

Looks like one happy family. I have been looking at the blog but just not time to comment. Glad you all have so much fun together. The outfits are so cute and the girls look precious all the time. The pictures turned out cute. Morgan looks so grown up. Will you give me a shot of all your energy???? Love reading the post that you have alwasy and seeing those baby girl.