Friday, August 21, 2009

* Edit* Two a days are over and we're counting down...

Just a few pictures from our fall sports pep rally last night! I miss high school pep rallys every Friday! Those were so fun! Before I stayed at home, I would ALWAY take a 1/2 day off on Old High vs. Rider game day just to go to the pep rally! I wish we had those here! I know, it's college football, not high school, but I miss little things like that! :) This one was for incoming Freshman for all Fall sports, not a typical pep rally in the gym.






Two a days are over! Jason will be home tonight! I'm so excited to at least have Jason home for baths in the evenings! The last two weeks have been rough! Even for Jason... it was very hard for him to watch Morgan start a new school and realize that she is 5 years old and he hasn't seen much of her in the past 2 weeks.

I'm also VERY excited that next Thursday we are playing the #2 team in the nation... Northwest MO. They are the team that we completely suprised last year when we went to MO and beat them. They were also the team that beat us out the play offs last year. We are currently ranked #5 in the nation, although, I really don't think polls mean anything, but it's always nice to be ranked. The game is televised from Shotwell stadium and is on CBS College Sports! So exciting! I just learned Fox Sports Southwest is televising it as well, but don't let that keep you from coming to the game!

Our athletic office is working hard to promote the game (I even got a flyer on my door this morning promoting the game)... they're selling purple shirts in all sizes from kids to adults for $3 and having a tail gate party with free food but accepting donations for Tatum Fleming, a little girl who is fighting leukemia. They'are also having live music, face painting, jump castles, and more.
Article about the game...

http://www.acusports.com/news/2009/8/17/FB_0817094851.aspx?path=football

In two more weeks, we get to play at the Cotton Bowl! That's going to be a fun game! I'm hoping to meet some of Jason's high school friends there! Looking forward to a great year of Wildcat football and thankful these past two weeks are behind us! :)

12 comments:

Lauren said...

Sounds busy, but fun times ahead! :) Have a great football season!

Tara G. said...

I love fall and college football! Can't wait to see the cute outfits you have for the girls! And I totally understand how hard it is when the daddy is away; I hope you get a few hours to yourself, too, when he comes home!

Kim said...

I can't believe it's already college football season! Crazy! I love it! Hope to make a game this year; I am sure the boys would LOVE it! Glad Jason will be home tonight. Yay for you! ;)

annalee said...

GO ACU! i put adelaide in her wildcat cheerleading uniform yesterday. i can assure you we will be watching the game from houston!

Glenna said...

I am wishing Jason one of the best seasons ever. That post is getting me all excited about the games. I am glad Jason will get to be home a little while at night to see his girls. Have a great football season.

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

Go Cats Go!!! Go, Fight, Win!!!

Glad you guys are going to have more time with Jason. I know that he misses you all as much or more. When I was there with the girls last Friday night he came home from work and went straight to Mo's room. She was in bed but not yet asleep. He laid down with her, talked and then tucked her in. Then on to Kennedy's room, picked her up and just stood there and hugged her. She was sound asleep and didn't budge but he needed to hold his girls.

You are a great family.

Can't wait for next week; I'll have my game face ready to go!!

XXOOXXOO

Michelle said...

I loved highschool pep rally days!
Kennedy looks like such a big girl standing in the bleachers clapping!
CUTE GIRLIES! I'm ready for y'all's football season so I can see them in all their sweet ACU outfits!

The Wiemers said...

Loojks like Kennedy was having a blast and Morgan was being a great big sister. I know you have to be ready for Jason to be home.

Heather said...

I'll have to watch for the game on TV, that's awesome!! I hope y'all have a great season! I hope y'all win, I love college football, I love sports in general! You girls look so cute in your purple, and you are so petite!
Happy for you that Jason is back home!!

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

Amen, Two-a-Days are OVER! I thought the past two weeks were never going to end.
How fun, the game sounds like it is going to be alot of fun!! We play on Thursday so I won't be able to tune in but I will be spending y'all good luck thoughts. Sounds like alot of fun!! The Cotton Bowl! Where did Jason go to HS? Was it in Dallas?

Glenna said...

Oh how sweet was Gran Jan's post about Jason when he came in from work and going to his girls. That made me cry. He is such a good daddy!!!

Shanan said...

I can't believe Game One Week is here! Good luck to yall!!! I think we are going to DVR the game so we can watch it when ours is over. :)