Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Shoppin in your closet and IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Meredith is having a "Shopping in your closet" McLinky on her blog today and she invited me to participate so, sure I will! Her blog is really fun, so go check it out! We're supposed to show our favorite black dress. Mine is from Target. It's Jonathon Saunders for Target which is one of the more expensive clothing lines at Target. I think full price it was $49, of course, I bought mine on sale. I don't have a picture of me in it, but it's much cuter on, b/c it's tight under the chest and then the pleats make it flair out really cute. It's kind of short so I wear these gray and black zebra tights with it and the gray and black zebra shoes.


It's just really hard to tell what it looks like from the picture, but just imagine it much more fitted and curvy! The picture makes it look straight and blah!


Also, it's here!!!!!!!!! Yes, I'm talking about football! Starting tomorrow, I pretty much won't see Jason for 2 weeks. We will go eat dinner with him at the Bean which is the delicious school cafeteria that has been renovated and their food is wonderful! They even have a section with chefs and they always have gourmet type foods in that sections! Plus, they have freshly baked cookies and ice cream!

We kicked off football season with our annual tradition of eating at Dr. and Mrs. McCaleb's home. Dr. McCaleb is the Vice President of ACU and he and his wife are wonderful people. We enjoyed a meal with our head coach, offensive coordinator, and athletic director. Let's just say our table was quite lively... there was A LOT of laughing and making fun of one another. We joked and decided that the meal last year is what got us started in the right direction towards an 11-1 season, so Mrs. McCaleb fixed the same meal but changed up the dessert a little so that's going to help us win a National Championship this year! Ha! Positive thinking, positive thinking... I'm reading a book right now called "Thinking Like a Winner," so I'm working on that! :) Go Wildcats!
Article about upcoming season...
or
I'm ready for some football!

8 comments:

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

Cute dress!!

Good article! I am like you, I prefer to be pick anything but the top 3. Good Luck this season, we will be rooting for you.

The Gilliland Family said...

Love the dress!

Good luck this season!! We heart football too :)

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

We are ready for some football!!! Whitney, I admire and appreciate your positive attitude about Jason's work. I know this time of the year is not easy with him gone so much but you make the most of it plus you are the Biggest and Best Wildcat fan!!!

Glad the season is off to a great start. Look forward to seeing you next week!!!

Go!! Fight!! Win!!!

XXOOXXOOXXO

Michelle said...

CA-UTE DRESS!
Good luch in the football season!

Lauren said...

I love the added zebra leggings and flips to your LBD! How fun!

Goodness, It seems like summer just arrived and now school and football are about to start! :)

Prissy Petals said...

Thanks Whitney!! The bedding is from Layla Grace...I found a little boutique that sells it here in Austin but it's actually cheaper to order it online. The boutique had a few sets from Elizabeth Allen in the store and it is made really well...hopefully it will hold up. The designer actually makes a smocked bumper that is out of this world incredible but so is the price:) Ooh..and my husband says Go Wildcats Go...he was a cheerleader at ACU back in the day;)

Lisa said...

Love the dress, and LOVE!!! the leggins, and flip flops, do u remember where you got them?

You always dress too cute and look adorable!

Whitney said...

Lisa,

Thanks! I think I bought the tights at Forever 21 and the shoes are Volatile from Dillards. They were on sale for $15. I bought them awhile back when they were $39. Volatile is a VERY comfortable shoe! One of my FAVES!