Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Morgan's 1st day of Pre-K

Morgan had a great first day of Pre-K! They got to go to P.E., they ate hamburgers, corn on the cob, tator tots, grapes, and a cookie for lunch in the cafeteria (included in tuition and I'm so excited about not having to pack a lunch), sang songs, played a matching game, read books and made new friends. Last night we read, "Twas the night before Kindergarten," but we changed the wording to "Twas the night before Pre-K." Morgan didn't go to sleep until 10:00 last night even though she was in bed by 8:30, but she did take a nap at school, so I was happy about that!

She loved her teacher and told me she wants to go everyday! In one more year you can go everyday, Miss Mo! For this year, we'll settle for 3 days.

Two funny things... my friend Maggie has a little boy Henry in Morgan's class. Well, Morgan calls him "Henry with Jack." Jack is Henry's little brother that is the same age as Kennedy. There is also another Henry in her class. Morgan calls him, "Henry with the curly hair." Today, Maggie told me, that Henry said, "Morgan is the cutest." I thought that was so sweet!

The picture below is hilarious! I thought I was just taking a picture of Morgan hugging him, but after the fact, you can just see how mad Jason is and the "look" he is giving the little boy across from Morgan. I didn't know it until we left but the little boy across from her was saying, "Morgan has boo-oows." I guess he was kind of taunting her. Jason came out of the classroom after I did and said, "Boys are terds!" Then he told me what happened. I thought it was funny, but don't mess with his baby girl!!!!!!!!!! If you know Jason well, you know he's very patient and pretty calm, but he is seriously overprotective when it comes to someone picking on his girls!
He always tells Morgan, "Tell boys, your Daddy has big muscles."



Before we left for school
Little Miss Pre-Ker! She just had to have a messenger style backpack instead of a regular one. Opinions already!

18 comments:

Molly said...

lol He needs to borrow my boys for a few days!!! Then he'll really think they are terds!

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

Gran Jan could not be more proud of her 2 "School Girls". Morgan you just look precious and I am so glad that your first day was a good one. Love that school bag!!

I pray that you have many more great school days and that your enthusiasm for learning will grow, and grow, and grow.

Kennedy you are just a doll and you are always so happy and content. You are sunshine and rainbows all rolled into one and everytime I think about you and your sister I just have to smile.

God is truly good.

XXOOXXOO!!!

ajphillips said...

Tell Morgan to stay away from boys until College...they are worthless!

mondie said...

Hey ya'll go easy on the boys. I have a perfect grandson. LOL

Sunday said...

How fun to go back to Pre-K?! Morgan looked precious in her first day get up. I love the backpack, too--I monogram everything that I can! Kade insisted on a messenger bag for this year, too. Hope you guys have a great year. I went back today and it was so hard. Kade goes on Monday.

The Whitecotton's World said...

I will be sure to warn Aidan and Austyn not to hug on Jason's girls! ;-) Just precious!

Michelle said...

Go Big School Girl, Morgan!
That's a funny story about Jason and the boys!
Thank you for your comment about Austin.

Erin said...

That bag is too much! Glad to hear her first day went so well! They grow up SOOO fast!

The Sweet Life said...

So sweet!

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

Too cute! The bag is bigger then her, love it! Looks like she had a wonderful time. I love Jasons reaction, a look into y'alls future! Watch out boys!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I will be sure to warn Jake about Jason's muscles! Does he have a shotgun in the closet too? LOL Glad Morgan had a great day.

Glenna said...

Glad Morgan had a "GREAT" first day of school. She and Kennedy look so cute in their little matching outfits. That was so funny, the look on Jason's face. The little boy was probably flirting. Ha! I am with Ashley, stay away from boys till you are college age and those teenage years will be a lot easier or maybe not, maybe stay away from other girls. (Hum) Glad I have mine raised. Glad you all are back into a routine and the girls are all doing great and mom too!!

Love you all and have a good week!

Heather said...

She looks so cute!! Love those outfits! I bet you could guess that I would say that! LOL about Jason and that boy, I think Matt would be the same way! Sounds like she is going great!!

Lauren said...

She looks adorable! Her cute bag is as big as her! I love it!

And I love the comment "Tell them your dad has big muscles"! Ha! My husband will love this! We have two girls and both have their daddy wrapped around their fingers...wait, so does our 8 month old son, Henry! :)

Annie said...

the girls could not look any cuter!! i love their matching outfits! adorable!!
morgan's bag, fabulous for a little diva ;)

Kim said...

Ha! So cute! Love her little outfit! And Kennedy's, too! Hope her "year" goes well. We have to get our boys and your girls together again soon...and I PROMISE there will be NO picking on the girls at all! ;)

Leah said...

She looks ADORABLE!!! WE bought the purple and pink version of those dresses. Matching of course. :) Yeah for Jason! Brian's pretty protective too! LOL.

The Wiemers said...

Ahh... it all starts too early. I am glad she like it.