Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Kennedy Rhee!

* EDITED*
WOW! A year has flown by! On this day last year, I was induced at about 7:00 a.m. and Kennedy came into this world that afternoon around 3:00 (I feel bad b/c I can't remember the exact time) at a whopping 7 pounds 10 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long. Labor was a lot longer with her than my 5 hour labor with Morgan. It does not seem possible that she is 1 year old. Why does time seem to go by so fast after you have kids?! Here she is soon after birth... beautiful, swollen, and looking just like her big sister did!getting cleaned off... 2 weeks old... already holding your head up so well!
Look at these sweet feet!

And tiny hands...
Oh' how can it be that this sweet baby girl
has grown so much in 1 year. Here Kennedy is today, a year from the day she was born, not a baby anymore, but a toddler!


Happy Birthday Kennedy Rhee! Daddy, Mommy, and Morgan love you with all our heart! You bring so much joy (and busyness!) to our lives.

At 1 year old...
* you love to wrestle with Daddy and Morgan.

* are a little leach... you like to be held or crawling on someone all the time.

* not walking yet, but getting closer. You have take 1 step a few times.

* love to be outside in your swing

* say Mamma, Dadda, Bye Bye, night night, Hi, nana, and several other words we tell you to say like yuck, right now, MoMo, etc. Your favorite word is "Hi." When I come in your room and tell you "Hi" after you wake up, you will say it back to me about 10 times!

* love to flip through books.

* still have a blocked tear duct and are having surgery on it next week.

* love to eat... there's not much you don't like!

* get REALLY excited when Daddy comes home... you start yelling with excitement.

* are a brave little monkey just like your Big Sister!

Today we went to the mall to get teacher gifts. Morgan and Kennedy's school is on the same calendar as the school district so tomorrow is their last day.


I tightened the stroller buckles as tight as I could and brought tons of food and Kennedy stayed in the stroller the whole time! Whoo Hoo!

Do you think Morgan is my daughter? Here she is making an ankle bracelet. She's really into crafts these days.
Here's her Morgan bracelet she made.... and yes, Morgan has chocolate chip on her face b/c on the way home we picked up chocolate chip cookies from McDonalds. They have delicious chocolate chip cookies!
And she loves to shop... she wanted to try on sunglasses in the store.
We played in the play area for a while. Several people commented on how brave Kennedy is! Climbing...



Climbing up the slide.... and she made it all the way up.



One shoe off and one shoe on...

Messy face... she'd been eating whole wheat (Barilla) macaroni and cheese for the first time and she LOVED them. I think she at more than Morgan and I put together! I'm not exaggerating either!

12 comments:

Jackie said...

Aww...
Happy 1st Birthday Kennedy!!

I love to read your blog and I feel like I have known you and your family forever, even though we are just in blog land! LOL

Glenna said...

Happy Birthday...Miss Kennedy. Oh how I wish I was there today to have you grab me and lay that sweet little head on my shoulder. I absolutely love it when you do that. I am with your mom, I can't believe it has been a year since you were born. I am looking forward to seeing you grow and grow and will enjoy every minute of it. I love you so much.
Hugs and kisses from Gana PaPa.

ajphillips said...

Happy Birthday Kennedy!
Love,
Aunt Ashley and Uncle Jordan

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

Thank you Dear Lord, Whitney and Jason for such a sweet and precious angel on this Earth. I agree with Gana; it doesn't get much better than when Kennedy lays that little head on your shoulder.

Happy, Happy Birthday Kennedy Rhee....

Love you with all my heart,
Gran Jan

XXOOXXOOXXOO!

Amy said...

I can't believe it has been a year since Miss Kennedy was born. Time flies!! I know she has been a joy for you and your family. Here's to many, many more years of fun!!:)

Tara G. said...

Whitney- the dresses are precious! And so are the girls! There was a man at our last church who told us almost every Sunday that "they grow up before you know it." This year has flown! Ok, so I'm in- I'm following!

Glenna said...

Cute pictures added today. Yes, I "KNOW" Morgan is your daughter in soooooo many ways. Ha! Kennedy actually looks like a toddler and not a baby in those pictures. Isn't it great that she has big sister to take care of her. Thanks for sharing part of yours and the girls day. I love it.

The Wiemers said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You have two beautiful girls. Love the pictures!

SanDee said...

WOW I love all your photos! Again I have to say all your kiddos clothing is just adorable:) I wish Sydnee liked to shop like Morgan does. Sydnee HATES it but on the other hand, I am NOT much of a shopper either:)

mondie said...

Happy Birthday Kennedy all the way from St. Louis, Mo.

Heather said...

How cute are your girls and their outfits?!!! Precious!! Happy 1st birthday Kennedy, you are adorable!

Sunday said...

Happy Birthday to sweet little Kennedy. Your girls are just precious! My boys have grown up way too fast--it actually makes me sad when their birthdays roll around.