Friday, May 29, 2009

Show us where you live Friday.... children's rooms/ nurseries

I have been wanting to participate in Kelly's Korner "Show us where you live Friday" and just haven't done it, so this week I decided to jump in!
Morgan's room.
Morgan's room is pink and white stripes, black and white toile, gingham, and pink.


The back left corner of Morgan's closet. I love her closet... it's a walk in and has clothing racks around all three sides.


This little rocking chair used to be Jason's. Granny Jane made a cushion for it when Morgan was born.
Morgan's bows!
This used to be a coat rack in our room when we (my sisters and I) were little. We painted it and put Morgan's name on it. This was the outfit and shoes she came home in almost 5 years ago. Jason's Granny made this quilt for Morgan to match her baby bedding.
I matted these frames to match the fabric in her baby bedding.


My Mom made her bedding. When I had her baby bedding made, I bought extra fabric so we could transition easily when she moved into a big girl bed.


Kennedy's room

Kennedy's bows hanging on the back of her door. These are just the ones we have hung up. The smaller ones are in a drawer! Of course, most of these are hand me downs from Morgan. Her new little kitchen that she loves, especially sitting in the drawer.


This cute tutu is on the front of her door.

Aunt Jocelyn gave Kennedy this sweet cross...


I'm looking at this thinking it needs to be changed. The blue thing in the middle is our video monitor which I HIGHLY recommend! We didn't have one with Morgan, but I love it! The shoes in front of the cross have Kennedy's name and birthdate on the soles of them. A friend from church gave them to us.

1/2 of Kennedy's closet

The other 1/2 of Kennedy's closet...
This was the sweet Janie and Jack outfit and shoes she came home in almost a year ago.



I love this saying... "The Laughter of a Child is the Life of a House." Isn't that the truth! As you can see, one wall in Kennedy's room is painted with pink and brown stripes.



Kennedy's bedding... This is a picture of what her bedding looks like but not her actual bedding. I couldn't get a good picture. I found the bedding on Posh Tots and had it made at The Modern Crib for half the price.

8 comments:

Frugal Jen said...

Those are great rooms!

ashley said...

what cute rooms! i LOVE your bow collections! we have a long ways to go!!!

Reid said...

Ohhh myyyy I LOVE them!!! I really NEED to make my Daughters room more girly when I move her to her own! LOVE it!

Heather said...

I love these rooms!! Oh my word they are cute and I am keeping up with your blog, you have given me some great ideas!! You did a great job!! Love it!!

Kim said...

You already know I love the girls' rooms! If we really are having a girl for #3, Whitney, you will HAVE to come help me! All the blue I've had the past 3 years might hinder my pink thoughts! Ha! Hope yall are doing great and had a great party today! Let's get together soon!

Tiffany said...

I love your site!

Tara G. said...

PRECIOUS rooms! You have great taste! We just celebrated our youngest's 1st bday- she wasn't so excited about the cake!

Courtney said...

Love both rooms. Thanks for sharing!