Tuesday, May 19, 2009

DVD's and George Strait


Ok, first I will say that I'm not a big fan of TV for kids under 2. Morgan didnt' really watch TV until after she was 2, but I have read the reviews about these two DVD's and I ordered Kennedy some for her birthday. We just got a new car with a TV/ DVD player in it so I figured they could at least keep her entertained in the car. Does anyone have these? Do you like them?
Also, Ashley just called and she had written George Strait's fan club telling her how we (my sisters and I) used to play "George Strait's sisters." We used to dress alike and sing and play the guitar to cars passing by our house. We were pretty much George Strait obsessed! Well, the lady at his fan club office called her and told her she is submitting the letter to try and get us back stage passes for the concert we are going to on June 6th at the new Cowboy Stadium b/c she loved the letter. Maybe the "George Strait sisters" will get to meet their brother, George on June 6th! Ha!

7 comments:

The Wiemers said...

That is crazy. What if we really get to go meet him. We owe Ashley one!

Michelle said...

Okay, that's funny and cute! "George Strait's sisters"! He's such a cutie! That's neat that your sister sent the letter and even neater that y'all could possibly meet "your brother".

mondie said...

Your mother will be crazy if you guys get to go without her. What kind of car did you get?

Jackie said...

That's so cool!! I hope you get to meet him! We have some family that is attending the concert as well!

Kim said...

We have all of the Praise Baby DVDs and we LOVE them. I am the same way, too, about our boys watching TV...I can't hardly stand it. But, the Praise Baby videos are great, and have been lifesavers. Jack absolutely loves them, Jake still likes to watch 'em, too!

Shelley said...

OH MY! Meeting George would be amazing... My dad surprised me with backstage passes to Clay Walker when I was in college. I love him, and George, too!! Hope it all works out... you would really owe Ashley :)

The Whitecotton's World said...

I think we already had the Praise Baby conversation, but I have 2 sets because I had already bought them and a friend gave them to me for a gift when Aidan was born. He still enjoys watching them with Austyn. We don't do it often, just when I am cooking dinner usually. Austyn in Bumbo and Aidan right next to him. I need a picture of that! Aidan watches TOO MUCH tv, but I can see things he is learning. Thankfully, they are good movies for kids.